045 is out !!
Posted by: ToZ
Date: August 12, 2001 11:48PM
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 045 is out !!
Posted by: Jeff
Date: August 13, 2001 01:36AM

No, it's not.

That's just a preview, or "nightly", that I posted for beta testing. It is *NOT* an official release, it's not even that much of an upgrade. I haven't had the time to add many features, so it's really just been dusted off a bit and updated to work with the current mozilla nightly build, and there are several usability issues that have cropped up in mozilla since 0.4 was released...it's not at a usable state right now, but I'm hoping to have some time in the future to clean all that up.

Now, if you're interested, go and play...but do *NOT* consider it to be an official or supported release.

-- Jeff Doozan

Posted by: Danny
Date: August 14, 2001 01:49AM

So, what version of Moz is it based upon? Is it 0.93 nightly or 0.94 nightly?

Posted by: James E. LaBarre
Date: August 16, 2001 09:09PM

It's not there anymore either.

I have on a couple of occasions downloaded the development snapshots (nightly tarball), because it said it also included the binary. I haven't managed to fing any installers or binaries in the file after I untar it (untarred in CygWin). I have seen varioys *.zip,v files, but if I rename them and try unzipping them, I get "error in archive" messages.

So are the binaries actually included? Or perhaps there's a way to compile it in CygWin?

Posted by: Jeff
Date: August 16, 2001 10:08PM

No, the binaries are not distributed in the cvs tarball. Compilation instructions are in the docs at sourceforge.

-- Jeff

Posted by: James E. LaBarre
Date: August 17, 2001 07:32PM

A couple of major problems with those instructions:

I already *have* CygWin installed, to a different location than those instructions say to use. Also: I do not have MS VC++, and would have no intention of getting it; the instructions for compiling Mozilla require using MS VC++ 6.0

I'm not a programmer; however, if I can simply run a "configure,make,make install" in gcc I'd be willing to try that.

Posted by: Brian
Date: August 17, 2001 10:45PM

I really don't think mozilla compiles with anything other than VC++, and I know kmeleon doesn't.

Posted by: Quake
Date: August 23, 2001 04:55AM

I downloaded the Preview and let me tell you, it's better than Netscape 6.1 and IE! It's now support secure websites, and Netscapes Plugins. K-meleon is really going to be the best!!!

Posted by: JaronTran
Date: August 24, 2001 03:54PM

I object to that statement.

I think Opera is going to be the best, follow by Kmeleon, IE, Mozilla, whatever...

Posted by: Quake
Date: August 24, 2001 10:28PM

LOL,
And I object to your statement.

I think it's K-meleon is the best, Following Opera, Netscape, and IE.

Posted by: Peppo
Date: August 31, 2001 06:46PM

Opera can never be the best, and it will never ever be as standards compliant as Mozilla is. No chance.

Date: August 31, 2001 06:52PM

Opera can never be the best, and it will never ever be as standards compliant as Mozilla is. No chance.

Date: August 31, 2001 06:54PM

Opera can never be the best as it will never ever be as standards compliant as Mozilla is. No chance.

WOW...
Posted by: ScrotumC
Date: September 13, 2001 08:02PM

045 ROCKS...i gave up on kmeleon when i found out it would render flash sites all screwy, but now? wow, major improvement...no rendering errors on sites...incredible...post a download for it on your main page so everyone can see how good this version is

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.