General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
viewing individual images
Posted by: po
Date: September 28, 2001 12:28AM

now that the "don't load images" option actually does something, i'm a little confused by the action of "view image" in the right-click menu; it appears as if k-meleon intends to display it in a new window (which, in and of itself is a little impractical for divulging the labeling on "buttons", etc...) but after opening the new window, and apparently downloading the image (it's downloading *something*), nothing is displayed. is it just me?

Options: ReplyQuote
and furthermore...
Date: September 28, 2001 12:35AM

this is weird: if i try to "view source" in the new (empty) window created by the "view image" menu item, it opens the source window, also empty, and brings up a getSaveFilename dialog with the name of the image i was trying to view, as if i were trying to save it. ??

Re: and furthermore...
Posted by: Brian
Date: September 28, 2001 05:34PM

well, if you have images enabled and you do 'view image', then it opens the image in a new window (just like it does in netscape/mozilla). I'm not sure how to make it display just 1 image... the source of an image is a binary file, that's why it prompts you to save it.

Re: and furthermore...
Date: September 28, 2001 09:52PM

i guess that kinda makes sense... it doesn't seem to have anything against displaying a page of hash when clicking on a link to an mp3 file, though. ;-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.