General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Oddities
Posted by: Fulvio
Date: October 08, 2001 04:29PM

I wanted to post on something else,and,when I clicked on New Topic,it took about three minutes to get this page.Now my real question.I am using a shortcut to get me into the McAfee Message Board.It works,but every time it start with a different page than the one I usually reach with any other browser.That is not a big deal.The next one is more bothersome.I was answering to an e-mail,on that board,and,Instead of quoting,I go back and forth to refer to the original message.It may not be a good idea,but I do it all the time with other browsers,using the back arrow.When I did that,I got a warning which say the page had expired,and then I was given a choice,which I forgot and/or misunderstood. Clicking on that button,went back all the way to the Hot Topics,which is the starting page for K-meleon,and lost the half completed message.
Any idea why a page would expire so quickly?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oddities
Posted by: po
Date: October 08, 2001 10:20PM

most likely, the pages were always expiring that quickly, but IE (or whatever) was simply reverting to cached pages when you hit the back button... k-meleon seems to like to refresh things more often, but you can play with this in the preferences, under "cache"... try setting to "once per session" or "never". of course, this may introduce other behavior that you don't like...

--- po

Re: Oddities
Posted by: Fulvio
Date: October 08, 2001 10:54PM

Thank you.I changed to once per session,as I have it in NS6.Automatically gives no margin for error.Sorry for double posting.My aging computer has a real hard time with posts like here,or other websites.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.