General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-meleon in windows 7
Posted by: Rtjure
Date: January 16, 2010 12:43AM

Greetings to the forum,

I have the Problem of not beeing able to sasve bookmarks in windows 7 64. Other preferences or surfing history are not getting saved too(while url-completion works).

Can anyone verify the problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-meleon in windows 7
Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 16, 2010 02:27AM

You must have write authority to folder where your profile resides. Sounds like you might not have that.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 16, 2010 06:36AM

Some of the other people on new windows versions said that the rights suddenly worked after they had shutdown and restarted the whole computer. Sure doesnt work for all, but worth trying....

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 16, 2010 10:08AM

Wie gesagt: Schreibrechte für Profile Ordner gewähren. Dann kann K-Meleon speichern.

Du findest ihn am Leichtesten via: Bearbeiten -> Konfiguration -> Profilverzeichnis

Habe kein Windows 7 mehr.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2010 10:13AM by guenter.

Posted by: Daveski17
Date: January 24, 2010 02:22AM

I had the same problem running Vista (Home Premium) with K-Meleon 1.5.1. There has been at least one service pack for Vista since then. It's fine now with KM 1.5.3.

I just wondered if it was a similar problem. I have no idea why I couldn't bookmark. They would save until I closed the browser, when I opened it they had all disappeared.

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 24, 2010 12:37PM

@ Daveski17:
JamesD
You must have write authority to folder where your profile resides. Sounds like you might not have that.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Daveski17
Date: January 24, 2010 01:37PM

desga2
@ Daveski17:
JamesD

I think that was probably the problem. I uninstalled KM 1.5.1 (December 2008) eventually & about a year later I downloaded KM 1.5.3. & that works perfectly.

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 01:38PM by Daveski17.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: January 28, 2010 12:54AM

Daveski17
I had the same problem running Vista (Home Premium) with K-Meleon 1.5.1. There has been at least one service pack for Vista since then.

TWO service packs to be exact, Dave. I may give the upcoming K-meleon 1.5.4 a try on my mom's Vista SP2 Home Basic edition laptop. Haven't used K-meleon for a few months since I un-installed KM 1.5.3 completely. Check the KM Development Forum site for K-meleon 1.5.4 RC if you want to test it.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.