General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Stop bring it to the front?
Posted by: Nicole Simon
Date: December 31, 2001 12:22AM

Hi yawning smiley)

I was wondering if there was more support which I can read in before asking questions. I am new to k-melon and started configuring the keyboard things which I hope to find some manuals and hints as well. As a nonnative speaker I also deal with language problems, so I'd be glad to receive just proper fragments to search with.

But what starts to get on my nerves:
How do I get rid of the 'pop to front if page loaded'?! As far as I can see this happens with pages where I don't have this phenomena in Netscape.

Do I miss something?

tia
Nicole

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stop bring it to the front?
Posted by: scratch
Date: December 31, 2001 01:25AM

The windows stealing focus on load is a Mozilla bug. It's being worked on.

Posted by: po
Date: December 31, 2001 10:18PM

most of the documentation is in these forums, or on the Documentation page... there's a search function for the forums... sometimes that finds the answer, sometimes it doesn't. smiling smiley

Date: January 01, 2002 03:05PM

Yes but whoever invented this did not think of usability ;o)
In case yes, he (sure it's a he) would have had not just only a webboard but a mailinglist / webboard combo so real users could have mails instead of a webboard or at least a search function which could cover all boards and not just one.

Plus the cfg files would be more filled with help so the willing newbie could use it ;o))

I am trying hard to get my keyboardcombos the way I want them and a little explanation how to combine them or what the heck you use vk_ for would be great *grin*.

No I am not just talking, I am willing to help but my english isn't as good to be
a writer ;o) But I hope i'll have other things I can contribute *grin*

As a start, how about a 'You've got yourself a great new browser, babe' Soundfile? ;o)
- see http://www.gnak.de/sound/index.html for reference.

Nicole

Posted by: po
Date: January 01, 2002 03:27PM

yeah, the forums could use some fixing up, but there don't seem to be too many volunteers... meantime, easiest way to search all four forums is to just change the number in the URL field 'f=1' to 'f=2', then 'f=3', etc...

Date: January 01, 2002 03:45PM

There is a difference between volunteering and doing it good enough to be a help;o))

A solution might be a newsserver / board combination. I know there is at least one News to WWW PHP-Projekt which is working quite well (Newsportal). The more users you will get the more comlicated it might get.

Oh, perhaps you like to know how I came here:
A big german PC-Magazine has put kmelon on their cd. They had trouble with Microsoft and since then they are very willing to provide alternatives to MS in general (put Linux and QNX on their CDs).

bye
Nicole

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 02, 2002 09:43PM

Nicole,

That's cool to hear about how you found us. Yes, you are right, it is a pain to search across the forums. Let us know what info. you need in the CFG files and we can look at adding that.

Andrew

Date: January 02, 2002 11:25PM

I would like to see how I have to add new accelerators and what the heck vk_ means.

Also I would like to offer to go through the existing toolbar things to get rid of the double set letters for quick access (for example Menu Edit has set P twice which is not good).

The cfg-files should be more descriptiv because this is the place you look into yawning smiley)
I will try to look in a clean install and try to give you more hints what I mean.
Nicole

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 03, 2002 12:35AM

Nicole,

VK comes from MS and I think there is a link to the document at MS that describes it somewhere in the forum. I know that some of the menu shortcuts are standardized so you might want to check the MS standards first.

Andrew

Date: January 03, 2002 12:48AM

One standard is: no double entries ;o)

Date: January 04, 2002 04:30AM

*lol*

There is an easy solution which I didn't 'see' because I am used to netscape:
I just set

Open in &New Window = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND

which does what I want. I never saw this one cause I ignore it at netscape (it's open with editor there)

Nicole

Date: January 04, 2002 04:32AM

Ok to be precise: It get's rid of the bug for 90& of my needs - cause I always use 'open link in new window' and this is where it does go on my nerves most.

Niucole

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.