General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Star downloader plugin updated
Posted by: Sesh
Date: February 20, 2002 09:41AM

Hi all,
I have updated star downloader plugin for kmeleon with bug fixes and new features.
My plugin can be found in the kmeleon directory at <a href="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/j_seshkumar">Yahoo Briefcase</a>.

Here is summary of new features:
1. Previously an empty page is shown for a new download, you had to press the back button to go back. No you don't have to, just click the download it is added to star downloader and you still stay in the same page.
2. New file types .rar, .tar and .rpm added. (need more let me know)
3. Plugin now can be plugged into any download manager that can provide command line addition of urls. for example you can use GNU wget.

please see the read me file for more details.

thanks
-Sesh .J

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Star downloader plugin updated
Posted by: Bill
Date: February 20, 2002 03:39PM

Sesh:

Yahoo Breifcase just gives me access denied. Maybe you can put it up on your free yahoo webspace.

Bill

Posted by: Andres
Date: February 20, 2002 04:09PM

If anybody can send it to me by e-mail, I can upload it to my website until Lele gets it up here.

Date: February 20, 2002 04:21PM

Sorry It was like night 2:00 AM, when I put that. Ok I changed the settings on my yahoo briefcase. you should download now.

thanks
-Sesh

Date: February 20, 2002 04:28PM

Hi Andres,
I had send you a copy of the plugin.
thanks
-Sesh

Posted by: Andres
Date: February 20, 2002 04:34PM
Posted by: sven
Date: February 20, 2002 06:34PM

Andres,

Since you seem to be actively participating in whole KM thing, perhaps you can set up mirror for KM? Or, if you don't have the space or bandwidth, perhap I can help. Contact me, if you're interested.

Date: February 20, 2002 06:46PM

Hi,
Could some one also update the resource section of KM.

thanks
-sesh

Posted by: olorin
Date: February 20, 2002 10:38PM

Would there be any way to make the list of file types (i.e., .zip, .tar, etc.) customizable? I don't know anything about DLL's, but some way to customize it would be much simpler than requests. Ideally, you would actually read the list of file types from StarDownloader itself... Would this be possible?

Date: February 20, 2002 10:56PM

You are right it would be ideal to read it from star downloader list itself, Currently the star downloader plugin is implemented as netscape plugin where the mime types are fixed and are part of the .dll.

If kmelon plugin architecture is extended in such a way that my kmeleon plugin be notified if a file is being requested from the server then I think what you are asking would be possible,

Another way to acheive the same thing is if mouse key is allowed as an acceleration key in the kmeleon, with this you don't have to have any file extensions, just click ctrl+right mouse or something like that and that file is downloaded

Posted by: ggallin13
Date: February 21, 2002 07:51AM

I am not sure if I should list this on the bug forum or not, but I updated the plugin, and when downloading off Download.com Star Downloader keeps opening new "Save As" dialogs. I downloaded a 1.57meg file (with DSL) and not only was the downlaod slower than usual, a total of nine dialogs were opened. Once the download was completed the dialogs came even faster, and I was unable to get stop it. I had to kill the browser.

I have subsequently removed the plugin and uninstalled Star Downloader, but now I can't download anything. I have reinstalled KM already. Just FYI....

Posted by: ggallin13
Date: February 21, 2002 07:54AM

I just went to Tucows and I could download from that site no problem. Maybe it is a Download.com issue? The mind reels....

Posted by: lele
Date: February 21, 2002 03:23PM

> Hi,
> Could some one also update the resource section of KM.
> thanks
> -sesh
Hi... as you probably already know, we also have a resources mailing-list: i'm sorry but I do not spend much time on km forums so,if you do not have enough time to write me every time a new release of the plugin is available, at least i think you could write directly to this mailing list (http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2730) whenever a new version is ready...
thanks
lele

Date: February 21, 2002 06:05PM

Hi GGallin,
Previous the plugin opend the download in an empty page, that how the netscape plugin works, so I used javascript:hisory.go(-1) to let you go back automatically to page you are coming from.
What is happening with download.com is that it uses javascript to forward you to the download page every time you go back, so you are in a kinda of loop. For every download in the download.com there is a link below the "download now" called "More download links" please use "More download links" this does not use an java script to redirect u back and forth.

thanks
-Sesh

Date: February 22, 2002 03:37AM

Hi lele,
I joined the mailing -list. And I posted it there, but I doubt how many people really go there, to check if there is something. I think most of the people would see in the resource section here , so if there is some mechanism for me to upload it to the resource section, that will be great.

thanks
-Sesh

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.