General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Scroll Wheel Button
Posted by: Ominx
Date: July 12, 2002 01:27AM

Is there any way to make the scroll wheel mouse button open a link in a new window? My mouse software allows the button to be mapped to a keystroke but I'm not sure that's the right way to go. Any suggestions?

Ominx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scroll Wheel Button
Posted by: Mark
Date: July 12, 2002 02:50AM

Well, it just so happens that I have been trying out some code to do just that. People seem to want it (someone else asked about it not long ago), and I certainly find it useful, so I'll probably check it in soon. Look for it in the next release of KM.

The ability to map the middle button to a keystroke opens up some really interesting possibilities with macros. You could bind the middle button to an accel and thus launch a macro with it. I don't think the macros currently have the ability to detect what the cursor is currently over, though.

Posted by: po
Date: July 12, 2002 04:48AM

you probably wouldn't need to use a macro at all... just define a key combo for ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_WINDOW in accel.cfg and bind the button to that?

might work...

Posted by: Ominx
Date: July 12, 2002 07:07PM

Po, I defined ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_WINDOW to CTRL + Q and then assigned that keystroke to the middle mouse button but unfortunately it didn't work. I'm guessing that accelerator fails to recognize the mouse is over a link.

Mark, it would be great if that code found its way into the next release. I have already played around with a few macros assigned to the middle mouse button and they have all worked fine. But I still find opening a link in a new window the most useful.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.