General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
mozilla 1.0 and what abour kmel ??
Posted by: HeAdLeSs
Date: July 01, 2002 01:46AM

i see that mozilla 1.0 is out, in final release, and kmel is still at the 0.6 based on mozilla 0.9.5... is kmel dead ? are developpers on hollydays ? i really enjoy kmel, more than mozilla, and im unhappy because it begin older and older... poor kmel...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mozilla 1.0 and what abour kmel ??
Posted by: po
Date: July 01, 2002 03:41AM

there's been developement, but it hasn't been made a public release yet owing to several major bugs, which i believe have all been resolved except for one - broken SSL support in mfcembed version of gecko, which needs to be fixed my mozilla devs.

if you want to grab the next test build, subscribe to the dev list ( http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/kmeleon-dev ), where it will be announced.

Posted by: HeAdLeSs
Date: July 01, 2002 02:56PM

thx ive suscribed... they'll contact me to test the next build ?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: July 01, 2002 05:27PM

Headless,

We'll send out a message to everyone on the list notifying them where they can get the next Beta or release. It's possible that we'll have something soon. It's still under discussion among the main developers.

Andrew

Posted by: polo
Date: July 02, 2002 03:03PM

Is it necessary to be on the list? Surely it will be posted here when it happens?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: July 02, 2002 08:01PM

Polo,

It might be a public beta. We just don't want a repeat of the fiasco where people were treating the beta like a release and then complaining when stuff didn't work when we told them that stuff wasn't going to work.

Andrew

Posted by: Guru
Date: July 08, 2002 09:07AM

The Mozilla 1.1 alpha is out and you are still working ...
i can't wait to get a new version of kmeleon because it rockz!
include the cool new mozilla features like banning banners and poups and you've the best and fastest browser ever!

Guru

Posted by: Al.
Date: July 08, 2002 10:54PM

"The Mozilla 1.1 alpha is out and you are still working ..."

Actually I've noticed that there appears to be a misunderstanding by some about the nature of the Mozilla/Gecko & K-Meleon relationship. K-Meleon uses (utilises) a different version of Gecko than the one which the full release of Mozilla is based upon. The K-Meleon version is called mfcembed (which is an scaled down version of Gecko). It is developed by the Mozilla team on a seperate path than Mozilla. Which means that even if a new version of Mozilla comes out (v1.1alpha for example), it doesn't necessarily mean that the mfcembed version is going to be at the same level. Plus, as we fully well know, the mfcembed version can sometimes contain showstopping bugs that the full release of Mozilla hasn't got.

As for Mozilla v1.1a, well that's an "alpha" release, which means pre-release, and has yet to go to "beta" (bug-testing stage). I believe that the next "full" version release of Mozilla/Gecko will be v1.01, and that will not be for another couple of weeks.

Posted by: Rob
Date: July 10, 2002 03:06AM

k-meleon is, i think, on the verge of .7 -- you can find the first .7 beta build in the maillist archives (by clicking the sourceforge icon to your left). there are some last minute bugs being (or to be) worked out, but nothing real serious...

Date: July 10, 2002 09:11AM

are the new features from mozilla taken over to kmeleon?
Like the Popup stop and the banner prohibition?

Posted by: mg
Date: July 10, 2002 11:08AM

k-meleon already has pop-up ad suppression

Date: July 14, 2002 12:50PM

how can i access this pop up ad suppression?!
Especially if the <file> <settings> and so on menu bar is not available!?
Mine is since the installation gone!
And i don't know how to get it back!

Posted by: Klaartje
Date: July 14, 2002 01:26PM

Check this out...

Try searching the forums if you have problems like this one, it's more than likely someone else had had the same problem and a solution.

Date: July 16, 2002 03:52PM

THX I'll chaeck out this hint!

Date: July 18, 2002 08:57AM

Ok it worked!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.