General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Uninstalling K-Meleon
Posted by: Roger Goodchild
Date: February 17, 2010 05:17AM

Can somebody please tell me how I can uninstal K-meleon, I have done what I found in FAQ and nothing happens.
R.Goodchild

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uninstalling K-Meleon
Posted by: SoerenB
Date: February 17, 2010 10:12AM

Hi, Roger,

can't imagine why, but....
some more detailed info? WinXP, Vista, 7?
K-Meleon version?
Was there an entry in Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs?
Another K-Meleon version or any portable browser going to be the successor? - that would make the Quick-and-Dirty-Method unsuited.
(Find Profilefolder, delete, find K-Mfolder, delete, Restart, install new Browser)(your own risk!)

Cheers
Soeren

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 17, 2010 12:42PM

As said before by Soeren. You should offer as much info as possible.

If You installed K-Meleon using the installer? You uninstall it via Windows uninstall applet, like any other program! How else?

You can also use ./program files/k-meleon/uninstall.exe directly.

If You use a K-Meleon that was extracted from a 7z or a Portable?

They are not really installed & can be deleted. Do not forget %apdata%/k-meleon (the default profiles folder). There might be a folder even if You used a profile.ini (makes that profiles are in application folder) unless You used a portable version.

Portable versions have a profile.ini and work without being installed. They create no Profile folder in %apdata%. Nothing to do, except delete K-Meleon install folder.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 03:05PM by guenter.

Posted by: Roger Goodchild
Date: February 21, 2010 07:02AM

Iam using vista basic, k- meleon version 1.5.
There is an entry in add/remove programs for k-meleon (remove only) but nothing happens when it is clicked on.
When I sign on I get a message saying k-meleon was not closed properly, could this be causing my problem in uninstalling k-meleon.
What is the correct way to close down k-meleon?
I have tried exit k-meleon, what else is there?

Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 21, 2010 08:10AM

it seems kmeleon isn't able to write to cleanclose pref on exit which is causing all your problems with kmeleon like settings not saved.

kmeleon's profile folder has not been granted access rights under vista's uac.
in vista you will have to grant those rights manually, i have no idea how or you can run kmeleon from a roaming profile.

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: February 21, 2010 09:52AM

disrupted
kmeleon's profile folder has not been granted access rights under vista's uac.

.... which, maybe? is the reason for some problems which made you decide to uninstall KM?

cheers
SoerenB

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 21, 2010 12:17PM

Are you using the K-Meleon's Loader? If this is running it's possible that K-Meleon not close at all and you can't uninstall it.

Have your Windows user privileges to add/remove programs and for write in the K-Meleon install folder?

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.