General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Mozilla 1.2 Alpha is available
Posted by: Just me
Date: September 13, 2002 08:24AM

and still no new k-meleon version. My opinion is that k-meleon is dead, just start to use Mozilla, they will update that browser very quickly and correct bugs and you don't have to wait 1-2 years like now when you need a new version

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mozilla 1.2 Alpha is available
Posted by: Andrew
Date: September 13, 2002 10:27AM

Your entitled to your opinion but you are wrong, in my opinion.

Posted by: sven
Date: September 13, 2002 12:14PM

You don't *need* new version. You *want* new version. There's a difference.

Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: September 13, 2002 02:24PM

Does everyone have the opinion that K-Meleon is suppose to compete with Mozilla? Aren't the differences so obvious that everyone would know that Mozilla and K-Meleon are very different browsers? K-Meleon does use Mozilla's MfcEmbed, but it is not based on Mozilla's browser itself.

What is the latest version of MfcEmbed, is it still 1.0?

If you want to use Mozilla instead of K-Meleon, than that is fine. In fact I still use Mozilla for email, I just personally prefer K-Meleon as my browser of choice.

(Hint: you may want to come back soon to check for v0.7)

Posted by: Al.
Date: September 13, 2002 09:49PM

"and still no new k-meleon version. My opinion is that k-meleon is dead, just start to use Mozilla, they will update that browser very quickly and correct bugs and you don't have to wait 1-2 years like now when you need a new version"

Ah yes, the spin doctors are at it again. Unfortunately the "new Mozilla version is out" style announcement has been done to death, so you're flogging a dead horse here matey. What's more, you would also be quite aware (as you've no doubt taken the time to read other forum postings) that K-Meleon is not "dead". The current beta was only released a while ago.
But anyways, off you go to Mozilla Land (or better still, Microsoft Ville), where you can satisfy your addiction to constantly needing to update your software *all the time*, and leave us mere mortals with our very useful browser called K-Meleon.

Posted by: dairy
Date: September 15, 2002 09:34PM

Mozilla 1.2 is pretty unstable. Mozilla gobbles memory. For right now, I'd suggest sticking to K-Meleon. If you really want Mozilla, 1.1 is the most stable version.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.