General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Can't make quicktime work
Posted by: Timoch
Date: November 15, 2002 03:04PM

Since I installed V.7, I haven't been able to get quicktime to work, a click on the link evokes Stardownloader instead. I don't know if this a km or star problem. When I checked in about:plugins, I found two instances of npqtplugin(1-5).dll and one instance of npqtplugin(6-7).dll. I did a search and found that the IE folder held the full set of ......1-7. I found that km plugin folder had the set .......1-5, so I deleted them from the km plugin folder. Now the about:plugins shows only one instance of ......1-7, but the original problem has not been resolved. Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't make quicktime work
Posted by: F.P.
Date: November 15, 2002 06:03PM

I would go fishing for the plugins folder, if it is the kplugins folder. And you should have all plugins in the "plugins" folder to work. I never even look at the about plugins, and even less at the IE plugins. I have at least seven other Netscapes and Mozilla, and each one has its "Plugins" folder, full. I copy a recent plugins folder to each of them, including K-meleon, which is based on Gecko, comming to Netscape and Mozilas.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.