General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Opening new window in fullscreen mode
Posted by: Emil Sekula
Date: March 04, 2010 08:55PM

Hello,

Is it possible to setup K-Meleon to open new window in fulscrren mode ? Now I have situation like this one: http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6343/kmeleon.png

Regards,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Opening new window in fullscreen mode
Posted by: siria
Date: March 04, 2010 09:02PM

I'm really confused what you mean...
The screenshot looks normal?
Do you mean that the browser shall start in maximized when you click the start icon...?
Do you mean when opening a link in a new window it shall open maximized...?
Do you really mean fullscreen mode, that mode without titlebars...?

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: March 05, 2010 04:07AM

Hi,

have you tried the settings in ->F2 ->GUI Appearance ->At Startup?

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: March 05, 2010 10:27AM

I mean when I open some link to open it in maximized mode. On my screenshot you can see there is opened second window but not maximized.
When I click start icon it is OK, it opens window maximized.
No no, I want use window with titlebars.

I have setup my settings in this way: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6343/kmeleon.png but it doesn't work.

Regards,

Re: Opening new window in maximized mode
Posted by: siria
Date: March 05, 2010 11:06AM

Hmm, mine acts different, when the first window is maximized then links will open in maximized mode too, just checked it again. Perhaps that's an operating system setting somehow, perhaps anyone knows...
Anyway, what I'd try for now is to show the first window in 'middle-size', manually pull the corners big, use it for awhile, and sooner or later it will remember that size for new windows too...

PS: This morning was released a range">new K-Meleon version: 1.5.4 final! smiling smiley
Just thinking you might want to upgrade, in case you just started using 1.5.3 and haven't customized much yet..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 11:35AM by siria.

Posted by: caktus
Date: March 05, 2010 06:01PM

I too have experienced this at times. It seems that perhaps some web sites or pages are hard-coded this way so that part of the parent (original) page remains partially in view. I believe that you have the correct settings for opening all windows Maximized but it is not working correctly.

This works with KM, IE and perhaps other browsers. When you load a window that does not completely fill the screen, manually resize it in the manner siria suggested, then close the parent (first) window. Then close the child window (the window you manually resized). After closing all windows, all windows should now open filling the entire screen.

This can also be accomplished by manually resizing any window in the manner siria suggested, then while holding down the Ctrl key, closing the window by clicking on the Close "X" button or the File > Close Window menu button.

Another possibility may be to select “Disallow scripts to move or resize windows” at Edit > Preferences > JavaScript > Window Manipulation.

However, if the page has been hard-coded it may be that you will just have to live with it.

I hope this is helpful.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: slayer
Date: March 05, 2010 06:16PM

My suggestion is to open new tabs instead.

Date: March 08, 2010 09:27AM

Now it seems it works. Thank you.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.