General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: wiki update discussions/questions?
Posted by: slayer
Date: July 22, 2010 10:28PM

This kind of wiki seems hard to maintain, and since the site detects my language (Spanish) when I click your links I'm seeing the Spanish version of the page, which doesn't exist so I need to change the site language to English. I remember when, by mistake, I changed the language to Chinese, and wow, every text was a bunch of ????????. grinning smiley
Even now, in Spanish, there is something wrong with the encoding, I see some ?, ie:

EditarEstaP�gina EnlacesInversos InfoP�gina �ltima modificaci�n

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: siria
Date: July 23, 2010 09:03AM

slayer
Even now, in Spanish, there is something wrong with the encoding, I see some ?, ie:

EditarEstaP�gina EnlacesInversos InfoP�gina �ltima modificaci�n

Oh... yep that's weird, because if I switch to spanish, that bottom line still remains english here, only the page content gets spanish!
Not sure, but guess your ? are characters with accents on them, are they...?

PS: If anyone has trouble changing the language for wiki+forum, click here:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/Translations

Posted by: newman
Date: July 23, 2010 12:41PM

Hey Siria,

Dorian has a test web site too, its really neat http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/tryout/.

Ok Categories any ideas, eyerbody's input needed please. I was trying to create a page which links to all the different documentation/pages. There by users will only have to look at one page. I will try to work on this whenever I can. Anyway so far we have

Home
-About
-News
-Features
-Screenshots
-Roadmap
-History
-Acknowlegements (Coder and Developers)

Getting Started
-Donwload
-Folder Structure (Key folders and files)
-Profiles
-Command Line Options
-Uninstall

Customization
Look and Feel (some of these categories might need proper grouping)
-Skins
-Themes,Icons,Buttons
-Throbbers
-Banners
-Toolbars

Settings/Configuration
-Accelerators
-Bookmarks, Hotlist or Favorites
-Command IDs
-Configuration files
-DigitalCertificates
-K-Meleon Preferences
-MacroLibrary
-Macro language - Macro language for 1.5.x
-Mouse Gestures
-Plugins
-Plugin Commands for - Macros - Accelerators- Menus - Toolbars
-Privacy
-Proxy
-QuickSearch, Nicknames, Keywords
-Search Engines
-Tips & Tricks

Unofficial
-External Applications
-Unofficial Plugins
-Unofficial K-Meleon Versions

FAQ
-FAQ
-Forums
-Search this website

Getting Involved
-Get Involved
-Translations
-Bugs
-Development
-External Resources

(Any ideas as to where to put these)
-Documentation
-Tutorials

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 23, 2010 08:52PM

newman
(Any ideas as to where to put these)
-Documentation -> Getting Started
-Tutorials -> Customization

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: newman
Date: July 25, 2010 03:58PM

Alright, good thinking desga2. I will include them in those groups.

Siria, could you please copy over the last wiki page to the sandbox as I unable to do it so that I make the changes there for everyone to see. The next step would be to create a few wiki pages so add some info into them. Thank you everybody.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 25, 2010 06:21PM

newman
Siria, could you please copy over the last wiki page to the sandbox as I unable to do it so that I make the changes there for everyone to see. The next step would be to create a few wiki pages so add some info into them. Thank you everybody.

Just for information, this is how I handled page copies when I worked on MacroLanguage2.

Open in edit mode the page you wish to copy. Edit mode is the view of the code in the page - not the page itself. Highlight and copy all of the code in the page with the exception of the code which makes the page address. In MacroLanguage2, that code looks like:
 --KMeleonWiki > [Documentation] > EndUserDocs > MacroLanguage > MacroLanguage2--
Exit the page without saving.

Next open the sandbox page in edit mode and paste the copied code. Remember not to overwrite the page address. Also in the case of the sandbox there is an extra bit of code with instructions on how to use the sandbox. Do not overwrite that either.

Note, this does not work going from Sandbox to another page unless you are sure no one else has made any updates to the page to which the code is being pasted.

Date: January 08, 2011 12:55PM

Little info for editors... The language switches in the wiki work automatically, as described here:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/Translations

When someone clicks on a wiki link and the requested page is available in his own language, it will be displayed in that language. If the page is not available, the wiki will automatically show the english version (fall-back solution). The problem is, this only works automatically if the editors point to the 'automatic/neutral' links, not directly to hard-coded language-versions of a page, like e.g. "TranslationsFr".
One could say it doesn't matter, but it does, because if a link is NOT available in that hard-coded language, it fails, the user does not even see the english page as fallback-solution sad smiley

Just read that wiki link above that explains it. It works!

Date: January 15, 2011 05:23PM

Since about 1-2 weeks someone is creating lots of french pages, partly all new, partly unburying old versions (1.1?) I suspect, but not sure? Aside from using everywhere non-automatic hard-links to ...Fr pages, which is against the wiki manual, there's not much I can tell, someone french should take a look please. E.g. in the newly updated FAQFr, XP and Win2003 are the last version that is fully supported by KM. Looks like it were not running on Vista, no win7, no 64bit...

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/FAQFr

Quels sont les prérequis à l'installation ?

* Windows 2000, Windows XP et Windows 2003 Serveur sont entièrement supportés. Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, Windows NT 4.0 généralement supportés, mais après mise à jour des bibliothèques Microsoft.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.