General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to rename bookmarks folders?
Posted by: Valensina
Date: March 10, 2010 09:35AM

How do I rename "New Folder" to something else? In Bookmarks/Edit there is no "rename" button.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to rename bookmarks folders?
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 10, 2010 11:51AM

When the folder is selected, you can modify the name in the text zone.

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 10, 2010 02:34PM

Short German answer.

Valensina
How do I rename "New Folder" to something else? In Bookmarks/Edit there is no "rename" button.

Bearbeiten... Wähle das zu Editierende aus. Geh in die Felder.
Du kannst darin alles editieren.

Du willst gerade im Feld "Titel" editieren.smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2010 02:37PM by guenter.

Date: March 10, 2010 05:43PM

OK, thank you, I've found it. The way is Bookmarks/Edit/Properties

Besides, Bookmarks/Options is not working. There is an error message:

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Line Number 4, Column 1:<dialog xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul";

Posted by: siria
Date: March 10, 2010 07:15PM

Weird, no idea how you managed to get an error when clicking bookmarks > options...

But frankly, if you find clicking Bookmarks > Edit > A foldername to change its name too complicated to figure out, then you'll never get happy with K-Meleon. Only frustrated and wasting time. Perhaps Firefox suits you better? Some customizing things are definitely easier there, and that's what the various browsers are here for, that everyone can find the one he likes best. There is none that is perfect for everyone, all have their pro's and con's, and tastes are just too different!

Posted by: disrupted
Date: March 10, 2010 07:22PM

your k-meleon chrome is corrupted.. if you're using a dev or alpha release then you should use latest stable 1.5.4, in any case you need to reinstall k-meleon to replace that chrome

Date: March 12, 2010 05:48PM

siria
Weird, no idea how you managed to get an error when clicking bookmarks > options...

But frankly, if you find clicking Bookmarks > Edit > A foldername to change its name too complicated to figure out, then you'll never get happy with K-Meleon. Only frustrated and wasting time. Perhaps Firefox suits you better? Some customizing things are definitely easier there, and that's what the various browsers are here for, that everyone can find the one he likes best. There is none that is perfect for everyone, all have their pro's and con's, and tastes are just too different!

I don't find the way too complicated. Only, the text part was not there! It appeared after I had done something else, but I don't remember what exactly I had done.

Date: March 12, 2010 05:51PM

disrupted
your k-meleon chrome is corrupted.. if you're using a dev or alpha release then you should use latest stable 1.5.4, in any case you need to reinstall k-meleon to replace that chrome

I am using 1.5.4 and reinstalling did not change anything. Now I want to delete all K-Meleon files and reinstall it again. But is there a way to save the bookmarks?

Date: March 12, 2010 06:46PM

Einfach den Profilordner kopieren.
Wenn der Pfad nicht bekannt ist: Edit > Configuration > Profile folder.
Die Bookmarks sind alle in der Datei "bookmarks.html"

Aber probier vielleicht mal was, nur so ne vage Idee...
Edit > Configuration > Browser configuration (Warnung ignorieren)
In die Filterzeile "locale" eintippen - was für ne Sprache steht da...?
Falls was anderes als EN bzw en-US steht, das ändern (Rechtsclick drauf), und nochmal starten...
Vielleicht hast du ja eine alte Version der Ãœbersetzungs-Dateien?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 06:49PM by siria.

Date: March 12, 2010 07:51PM

Valensina

I am using 1.5.4 and reinstalling did not change anything. Now I want to delete all K-Meleon files and reinstall it again. But is there a way to save the bookmarks?

Tech info: A reinstall will delete what is needed.

The bookmarks.html will not be damaged. Your personal data are in the profiles folder that is not affected by a new install. But do the backup suggested by siria - it is better in case some things go wrong.

That is why a new install cannot repair a brocken profile.

p.s. siria hat ganz Recht: man macht immer ein Backup - das ist besser, falls doch was Unvorherzusehendes schief läuft.

Ich wähle für die neue Installation immer einen neuen Namen z.B zuletzt K-Meleon1.5.4de-DE. Dann habe ich meist zwei funzende K-Meleons. Im Gegensatz zu manch anderen Browsern startet nämlich wirklich die Installation, bei der man die exe anschubst.

Technisch: Der neue Setup überschreibt, was nötig sein könnte - bei dir u.a. das kappute embed.jar.

Die Lesezeichen Datei (bookmarks.html) wird normal nie angerührt. Deine persönlichen Daten sind im Ordner für Profile, der nie von einer Neuinstallation überschrieben wird.

Daher kann eine Neuinstallation bei Profilschäden nie helfen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 07:53PM by guenter.

Date: March 12, 2010 08:16PM

guenter
Deine persönlichen Daten sind im Ordner für Profile, der nie von einer Neuinstallation überschrieben wird.

Je nachdem.... "Neuinstallation" verstehen viele (ich auch) eigentlich eher als "ganz neu", also dass man vorher die erste Installation löscht, um wieder absolut 'clean' zu sein. In dem Fall sind halt auch die persönlichen Daten futsch (falls nicht vorher kopiert).
Daher Vorsicht, die alte Installation besser stehen lassen und die neue darüber installieren.
Oder gleich einen anderen Namen wählen, das mach ich auch immer grinning smiley

Date: March 12, 2010 09:59PM

siria
Oder gleich einen anderen Namen wählen, das mach ich auch immer grinning smiley

2 "Dumme" - ein Gedanke grinning smiley

p.s. Es ist für uns 3 und viele wichtig, dass mal in deutsch wo steht, wie es bei K-M ist. Das machen wir hier. Englisch ist es oft wiederholte FAQ. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 10:54PM by guenter.

Date: March 12, 2010 10:37PM

Thank you.

This thread should be in the bugs section.

I manually deleted the files in the K-Meleon root directory, reinstalled it and the missing preferences were back. Good.

Unfortunately there is another bug which started today before reinstallation and has not disappeared. When I want to go back to a previously visited page I have to click "back" twice, because all pages on the history list appear twice. I remember having the same bug in Firefox but don't recall how to get rid of it.

Greetings / Grüße winking smiley

Date: March 12, 2010 11:09PM

OK, cache cleared, problem solved.
smiling smiley

Date: March 12, 2010 11:15PM

Solved sound good smiling smiley

Original post:

Valensina
Thank you.

This thread should be in the bugs section.

I manually deleted the files in the K-Meleon root directory, reinstalled it and the missing preferences were back. Good.

Unfortunately there is another bug which started today before reinstallation and has not disappeared. When I want to go back to a previously visited page I have to click "back" twice, because all pages on the history list appear twice. I remember having the same bug in Firefox but don't recall how to get rid of it.

Greetings / Grüße winking smiley

1.) I can redirect/relocate this thread to Bug Forum = moderator. But - why?

2.) siria - and I expected this result. Guuut.

3.) K.Meleon lists (Gecko) only bugs (any bugs) that can be reproduced on more than 1 system.

Gecko bugs (quote "having...bug in Firefox") are merely listed not fixed & rarely patched by K-Meleon project.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 11:20PM by guenter.

Date: March 19, 2010 06:38PM

Unfortunately the "back" bug is back. The visited pages appear twice on the list "go back one page" and clearing the cache does not solve the problem.

Date: March 19, 2010 07:17PM

Valensina, you seem the only one who has that weird problem, so I think you're the only one who can really discover the reason. None of us here can reproduce, so how to figure it out?? Only yourself has really the best chance:
Try to remember what exactly you did, before this happened again?? And what you might have done recently, but not any more in the meantime. Are there any messages in Tools>Error Console? (Aside from the usual CSS/flashblock/autocomplete errors)

Posted by: Allfw
Date: April 02, 2010 07:23PM

I have exaxctly the same error, except it occurs on every menu selection of Options.
If, however, I press F2, I get the option up, but with limited or no possiblility of changing anything (eg cannot change default language - not that I wanted to!!)

I intend to try and delete chrome folder and reinstall.. here goes

Posted by: Allfw
Date: April 02, 2010 07:29PM

Allfw
I have exaxctly the same error, except it occurs on every menu selection of Options.
If, however, I press F2, I get the option up, but with limited or no possiblility of changing anything (eg cannot change default language - not that I wanted to!!)

I intend to try and delete chrome folder and reinstall.. here goes

Works OK - Some plugins (games) lost, but everything else appears to be OK

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.