General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Can't post message in blogspot, why?
Posted by: penang
Date: March 16, 2010 07:08AM

Just found out this.

Went to a blogspot site, read something and then I posted a reply, and then hit the "Post Comment" button.

Everything seemed to go through, but then, nothing.

The message just vanished.

Try another time, same thing happen. Hmm ...

Then I try to post a message on the same blog using FF. The message got posted successfully.

Hmm ...

Anyone ever experienced that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't post message in blogspot, why?
Posted by: siria
Date: March 16, 2010 08:02AM

You must have something set to be blocked that blogspot insists on, and that's not blocked in FF. Is it a blog that needs logging in to post? Try allowing cookies, javascript, Ads, Referer, Flash-Cookies (all in Tools>Privacy Menu), then reloading the page before commenting. You may have to allow more details of javascript and cookies in the Preferences. If that's not it, try another user agent? But seeing that blogspot belongs google, and they try to close out gecko 1.8 engines, that might also be it. Takes just some experimenting :cool:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2010 08:03AM by siria.

Re: Can't post message in blogspot, why?
Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 17, 2010 11:23PM

penang
Just found out this.

Went to a blogspot site, read something and then I posted a reply, and then hit the "Post Comment" button.

Everything seemed to go through, but then, nothing.

The message just vanished.

Try another time, same thing happen. Hmm ...

Then I try to post a message on the same blog using FF. The message got posted successfully.

Hmm ...

Anyone ever experienced that?

Penang,

Google owns BlogSpot and they've been on a terror saying they only support modern browsers. I added FF 3.6 to the list of user agents. I, among others, posted 'How To" do this here. I'll search for that thread and post it asap.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.