General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Kill Animations in current page
Posted by: siria
Date: March 21, 2010 11:46AM

duffy2009
siria ... I am interested in trying out your second version of the animation killer. However, I don't know exactly what to do with it or where to put the command.

Thanks for the interest Duffy smiling smiley I'm putting it together in an 'orderly' macro, a standalone kmm.file smiling smiley But for this I'll try to create a fast "offline" version too for single image kills, so takes another moment...

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 21, 2010 05:22PM

Tried again hard, but didn't manage to get it any better, there is just no way in macrolanguage to open a new tab, wait until it's loaded, and close it again later sad smiley The commands are there and easy, it just doesn't work in order because KM doesn't wait until one command is finished before proceding to the next, nor is there any command for a tiny break... And "onLoad" can't close tabs or windows that were opened before... So the only trick for a short break that I know of, would be an alert box which the user must click to close it! Grmpf. Could probably be done with javascript or some other programming language, but have no clue of that. And utils, oh well, as long as it's not included by default I'd rather avoid additional files for such peanut macros as this.

Anyway, the KILL-ANIMATION-Extension/Macro as it was already posted above in this thread, just now all three commands together in one finished kmm-file. Description is inside:

KillAnim01.kmm / version 2010-03-21
DOWNLOAD: Allow cookies, open link, then left click on "Click Here":
--> http://www.datafilehost.com/download-2dbc227a.html

Download this kmm-file directly into a macros folder and restart browser (and loader if used).

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 21, 2010 05:39PM

@ siria:
Remember you can publish your macros in the MacroLibrary by this way macros are not lost in the Forums.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Tris
Date: March 21, 2010 06:31PM

@SoerenB

I strongly sympathize with that!

Well, if you have AutoHotkey installed AND don't use a double RightClick yet, have a look at "Laszlo"'s script (2nd of March, 2006, "If you only want to use double right-click, it is much simpler.") from this AHK forum link.

Replace the line "MsgBox OK ; your double-right-click action here" by

SendInput {MButton}

and you'll have a system wide MButton action on double RightClick.
Heed my warning above.
This will not interfere with KM's gestures, as other, similar scripts may.

Cheers
SoerenB

Man, I was so happy when I tried that code separately, but, when I integrated to my main script (to avoid having multiple instances of ahk, which slows down my pc), I realized that there is a conflict with my can't-live-without NiftyWindows script (the one that manipulates windows easily with the mouse).
So that is a great solution, but it happened not to work for me. sad smiley

Re: Edit NiftyWindows?
Posted by: SoerenB
Date: March 21, 2010 08:58PM

Hi, Tris,
my last one - if this does not work, I'd really suggest getting hold of a Mouse with a working wheelButton.
The trick is to invoke the MClick from the menu.
For that, open NiftyWindows.ahk, find, say, the line "Menu, TRAY, Default, Help".
Insert a line "menu, tray, add, Scroll, scroll" just beneath.
At the end of the script, add:
scroll:
{
mouseMove, 320, -280, , R
Click Middle
return
}
When going to the AHK tray menu, click "Scroll" (- just beneath Help), and you
get an MClick at 320 pixels to the right and 280 pixels above your menu clicking;
edit to fine-tune to suit your screensize, tray position, & browsing habits. That's it.
(-well, there are ways, in AHK, to make this fire in K-M only, or to put the mouse to
the center of the active window, +/- a set amount of pixels in either dimension ...but..)

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: Doon
Date: March 26, 2010 12:22AM

Tris, with all that was going on I hope you didn't overlook the extension meister's LINK.

Siria, nice work on killanim01.kmm. For the whole page animation killer I still prefer V1 for it's speed despite the risks of setting the browser offline for a moment. I've also noticed that V2 resets the scroll position to the top of the page when refreshed, an unfortunate but necessary side effect. But your single image animation killer is killer, the right-click image context option works great and will see some use here. I've used and studied and experimented with the extensions for some days now and I think you did well at narrowing down the possibilities that work. Thanks again.

I think everyone should attach the privacy menu to the Stop button so it's blocking functions are easily accessible with a right-click or 'long click' on the stop button.
Adding it is as easy as clicking Edit -> Configuration -> Menus and adding the text "|&Privacy" in the right location near the top of the file, exactly like this:

Stop{
ID_NAV_STOP
|&Privacy
Stop loading this page
toolhot.bmp[2]
toolcold.bmp[2]
tooldead.bmp[2]
}

Date: April 02, 2010 04:38PM

Hi all, I'm back!

Hi, Tris,
my last one - if this does not work, I'd really suggest getting hold of a Mouse with a working wheelButton.
The trick is to invoke the MClick from the menu.
For that, open NiftyWindows.ahk, find, say, the line "Menu, TRAY, Default, Help".
Insert a line "menu, tray, add, Scroll, scroll" just beneath.
At the end of the script, add:

I guess I'm getting a new mouse since the MButton has gone uncomfortable with time. Thanks for the help though.

@Doon

Tris, with all that was going on I hope you didn't overlook the extension meister's LINK.

I'm very sorry to be a n00b at K-Meleon extensions, but, after downloading the .7z file that contains that extension, I extracted the two folders inside K-Meleon's install directory; did I do it right? If so, according to Disrupted's post at that topic...

enables scrolling the page by grabbing(mouse leftclick)
edit>configuration> enable grab nscroll(toggle)

I don't see that option. What am I missing?

Meanwhile, please let me know something that I think its easy: how do I have addresses from the location bar to always be opened in new (background) tabs? smiling smiley

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 02, 2010 05:57PM

sorry, the extension has been updated by matt, i should have changed that part.. it's no longer in configuration menu

to enable right click on the page and select gran and scroll or drag and scroll

for tabs:
open preferences>browsing>general open: [typed urls]
select radio button : in a new tab
option(background)

siria, using utils k-plugin you can delay /pause a command using sleep
pluginmsg(utils, "sleep", $timeout);

mark also wrote a timer plugin for scheduled tasks

Date: April 03, 2010 12:19AM

for tabs:
open preferences>browsing>general open: [typed urls]
select radio button : in a new tab
option(background)

Thanks a lot. It is just that K-Meleon appears to have fairly more options than Firefox to navigate. What about opening all bookmarks, specially ones at the top bar, in tabs?

sorry, the extension has been updated by matt, i should have changed that part.. it's no longer in configuration menu

to enable right click on the page and select gran and scroll or drag and scroll

Got it! But again I beg your pardon for asking, but where to customize it? the drag speed, for instance, or the keyboard shortcut to toggle it...?

Edit: about the tabs: I set K-Meleon as my default browser. As you know, I use AutohotKey, and I have a keyboard shortcut to open multiple url's at once. If Firefox is the default browser, they'll all open in the same window, in tabs. but, since it is K-Meleon, ahk's "run" command will open all each in one separate window. how do we prevent that? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2010 12:26AM by Tris.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 03, 2010 12:51AM

it's not customisable...one speed etc, i don't know if the speed can be changed..matt will know. i don't think it has an accelerator.. but this can be easily added, matt can update if you like an accelerator, what shortcut keys would you like?

your other question:

for bookmarks:

this way ahk script will open the links in tabs but you don't really need ahk for that because sessions has that feature by default.

here's how to do it:
1-first open all your preferred sites at startup as you like(you can use the ahk launcher for that after setting pref external urls in tabs)

2-after all your websites have opened in tabs as you like them, click on the sessions menu and select save session (if you don't see sessions then sessions plugin will needs to be enabled)

3-enter name for the session e.g 'my favourite sites' in the prompt

4- now you have 2 options:
a- you can set that session as homepage'startup' by clicking on sessions>options
check open the following session at startup and select the session you have saved from the drop down box
b- you can load the session manually anytime you want sessions>load session>saved session name

don't be afraid to explore kmeleon prefs it can be very rewarding.. firefox has less options but kmeleon is not an overkill either, you have more power.

Date: April 03, 2010 10:31AM

Thanks for my "new learned stuff today": Open "URLs passed from external applications" in tabs not windows! grinning smiley Always had overlooked that so far. But K-Meleon always holds more surprises grinning smiley

The one thing to consider with sessions, is that opening a stored one first closes all the current pages. To open a group "additionally", the bookmark folders can be given a nickname. Not sure about accels for that, but have a little macro for that somewhere in my still-not-finished gestures stuff *sigh*

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 03, 2010 11:29AM

Groups2 in the MacroLibrary, http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmGroups2, can open groups of sites without closing already open tabs.

Date: April 08, 2010 03:42AM

My God, you're asking me what accelerator I want! I never could ask the developer directly something like that! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
Well, in Firefox I use Alt+D, a combination that comes handy, two fingers and no long distance to stretch the muscles in my hand smiling smiley

Thanks for the screenshots also.

I'll be back soon to give you feedback about your tips. Thanks in advance.

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: April 08, 2010 01:28PM

well, you're entitled to have it anyway you want since you're the first one to ask for it

unfortunately alt d accelerator is kmeleon internal used to highlight the urlbar content so i made a very close one alt x

please download update with alt x accelerator
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/grab2scroll.7z

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.