General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Passwords
Posted by: gman2083
Date: April 05, 2010 11:35AM

I have recently changed my email address and, as a result, some login info for certain sites has changed. When I go to login now, I am prompted to choose which login to use. How do I clear login info for certain sites?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Passwords
Posted by: guenter
Date: April 05, 2010 12:18PM

F2 -> Privacy > Manage Passwords and Sites.

Click on unwanted and click remove.
You cannot edit, copy etc.

Posted by: caktus
Date: April 05, 2010 01:47PM

@ gman2083

Just a shot in the dark but if you are not using the Password Manager, You might try deleting Cookies. Edit > Preferences > Privacy & Security (make sure the cookie is not in Exceptions) > Currently Stored Cookies...... > Delete All Cookies or select the Cookie in question > Delete selected cookie.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: April 05, 2010 03:43PM

I am using 1.6 and I do not have the "Manage Passwords and sites" under the Privacy & Security section.

Posted by: ipcollins
Date: April 06, 2010 07:35AM

Me neither (also 1.6). I'd be interested to find out if it's possible.

Posted by: caktus
Date: April 06, 2010 08:56AM

@ipcollins & gman2083

Strange, I never noticed that while I was checking out 1.6. Sorry bout that. I hope the dev's plan on adding it as it can be a big help. Perhaps clearing the caches will clear up the problem. But I assume that may cause 1.6 to be a bit slow while the cache is being rebuilt.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: ipcollins
Date: April 06, 2010 12:08PM

Thanks for the response.

In the meantime I continued looking, and eventually found it on my K-meleon 1.6 installation. I can access it from the menu bar as follows:

Tools / Privacy / View Data / View Passwords

Then I get a Passwords Viewer window with site and username columns, plus options to remove all or selected passwords . There is also a button which adds a new column to show actual stored passwords.

Thanks once again, Ian

Date: April 06, 2010 03:17PM

ipcollins
Thanks for the response.

In the meantime I continued looking, and eventually found it on my K-meleon 1.6 installation. I can access it from the menu bar as follows:

Tools / Privacy / View Data / View Passwords

Then I get a Passwords Viewer window with site and username columns, plus options to remove all or selected passwords . There is also a button which adds a new column to show actual stored passwords.

Thanks once again, Ian

Thanks for that info!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.