General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Change Main Icon
Posted by: Jorge
Date: July 02, 2003 09:25PM

Hi, is it possible to change the browser main window icon (the kameleon green face on the left-top corner)? If yes, how?

Thanks!
P.S.: Using 0.7

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Change Main Icon
Posted by: jsnj
Date: July 02, 2003 09:59PM

Not through any native KM customizations. You'll have to change it through a separate application like Resource Hacker. That's what I did. Follow the link below. It's very small and it's free.

http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/

Date: July 02, 2003 10:53PM

Well, I was looking for some time for a application like this... I thought it didn't exist! But it does. Thanks very much. I've changed the icon with success.

Jorge

Date: July 02, 2003 11:13PM

Just a final advanced question: how can I change the bookmarks -> Edit window icon, that Microsoft-style one? Using Resource Hacker I can see the dialog, but the icon is not editable. Thanks

Posted by: boogomatic
Date: July 03, 2003 04:19AM

Jorge

See this post for an explanation.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=8553&t=8548

I'll have to try out resourcehacker too.

HTH
Trenton

Posted by: jsnj
Date: July 03, 2003 04:42AM

how can I change the bookmarks -> Edit window icon, that Microsoft-style one? Using Resource Hacker I can see the dialog, but the icon is not editable.

I don't know how to create an icon within a file or app if one isn't already there to be edited with res hacker. The bookmarks.dll file in the plugins section on MonkeeSage's page has a windows folder icon in place of the generic microsoft one, so if you use that file, you can change the icon. While you're at it, you might as well use his K-meleon1.2.1 binary and the other plugins, since there's added functionality such as bookmarks search, keywords, descriptions and groupmarks. There are also icons in the bookmarks menu dropdown list differentiating the folders from the webpages. You might find his full packages a lil more problematic and slower, but the aforementioned binary and plugins work very well in place of SP1.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.