Got rid of main tooldbar....
Posted by: Evan
Date: April 14, 2010 09:35PM

So I like my web browser to be as slim as possible with the minumum amount of clutter. So I was doing so and I apparently deleted the main tooldbar that has the Edit tab on it... and I can't figure out how to get it back as I can't figure out to access the Menu now that the toolbar is gone.

Any suggestions?

-Thanks

Re: Got rid of main toolbar....
Posted by: siria
Date: April 14, 2010 09:56PM

grinning smiley you're not the first... grinning smiley

Cure:
F2 > Toolbars - Hide Menu Bar NOT

Sometimes it helps to find some settings without digging through tons of tabs and menus, if typing about:config and putting a signifacant word into the filter line smiling smiley Just be careful if you're not sure what it does...
For example I now looked what would show up with "toolbar", "menu" or "main", and hhm... toggling that stuff for testing produces a bit scary results, but hey, for such cases I just keep that settings page open and can quickly toggle back again ;-P And in your case the display was already vanished, so it would have reappeared. Well, I shouldn't give such dangerous tip, forget it again :cool:

But by the way there's a longer discussion or two in the forum by people who also want the toolbars to be as slim as any possible, it has quite some real tips there. For example, if you like, you can put this vanished menu as right-click on a button, quite simply as most menus.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2010 10:00PM by siria.

Posted by: Evan
Date: April 14, 2010 10:18PM

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 14, 2010 11:49PM

Instead of hiding it, to preserve space, keep it enabled but move it alongside another toolbar or the tabbar. Cover it completely with the toolbar it's next to. You'll be left with an arrow or chevron that when clicked displays the main menu vertically aka Compact Menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2010 11:50PM by jsnj.

Attachments: compactmenu.png (5.3 KB)  
K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.