General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Make Any Browser Open In Private Mode- KM?
Posted by: Zoohooter
Date: May 05, 2010 08:18PM

Came upon this site and was curious if this would work with KM and if so, how would one know if it was actually evoked?

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/05/04/how-to-force-your-web-browser-to-start-in-private-browsing-mode/

I tried it and when I opened KM, it opened in the Yahoo Search Engine, even though I have Scroggle as my primary search engine checked, with a big Red "Did you mean Private" at the beginning before listing a search result listing.

Someone also suggested that you could do this in Firefox:

For Firefox, a more permanent tweak is in about:config.
Change the {browser.privatebrowsing.autostart;false} value to true. This will permanently open Firefox in private browsing mode

Can that be added to KM and work?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Make Any Browser Open In Private Mode- KM?
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 05, 2010 08:41PM

Cannot be added as configuration parameter but an Extension for it exists.

Once things are on HDD they are hard to erase completely. So for a Privacy Profile would choose settings that use no disc cache. More in disrupted's help file.
Cache in RAM means all memory traces are gone after browser shutdown.

K-Meleon Extensions Central

Privacy Mode

with this extension you can run a secondary profile from your main K-Meleon instance. the secondary profile can be set to have more security-based settings according to the user's preferences.
menu entry: link context|tools>privacy mode
extra notes: requires user to set the profile manually. a help file is included.
versions supported: 1.1.x - 1.5.x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2010 08:42PM by guenter.

Re: Make Any Browser Open In Private Mode- KM?
Posted by: Zoohooter
Date: May 06, 2010 11:00AM

Thanks for the reply, will give it a gosmiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.