User scripts
Posted by: gman2083
Date: May 09, 2010 11:17PM

Is there a way to add user scripts to version 1.6 or 1.7?

Re: User scripts
Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 10, 2010 12:27AM

Can you explain 'user scripts'? We have a macrolanguage.

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: May 10, 2010 06:47AM

Hi,

you are probably referring to user styles, aren't you? The extension here is called GreaseMeleon, though I'm not sure about the K-M versions it works in.
You may want to have a look at the following threads, too:

stylesheets collection

Style Buttons

styles update

TidyRead

Readability

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: Nox
Date: May 14, 2010 06:25PM

SoerenB
Hi,

you are probably referring to user styles, aren't you? The extension here is called GreaseMeleon, though I'm not sure about the K-M versions it works in.

Userstyles and userscripts are completely different things, I don't know why you think the poster is conflating them. Also, the UserStyles extension is called Stylish, not GreaseMeleon. GreaseMeleon is the K-Meleon version of GreaseMonkey (which is, indeed, the extension they would want if they were looking for UserScripts), and it doesn't work well in any KM version, AFAIK.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 14, 2010 07:47PM

yes, userscripts are for greasemonkey/meleon. greasemeleon used to work with certain limitations and bugs in 1.5.0-1.5.2..then it stopped working in next releases, it'd sometime work with a little luck

currently there's no proper way to use userscripts in kmeleon..you can inject the js in the macro directly but that isn't practical and doesn't mean it will always work, depending on the script itself and if relies on gm functions. gm functions are not natively supported by gecko and will equire special gm components to be installed

i think the best way to use userscripts in kmeleon is taking the opera approach by integrating a script manager in kmeleon and not through an extension(needs kko)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.