General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Display problems
Posted by: Richard
Date: November 11, 2003 05:37AM

The new release is not centerd on the screen when starting maximised.
Covers the lower right hand side of screen. Unusable.

No problems with the Betas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Display problems
Posted by: Dan
Date: November 11, 2003 05:44AM

Saw the same problem.
Un-maximized the window, and then set it manually.
Closed browser, the went to the profile folder and opened up prefs.js and changed
user_pref("kmeleon.display.maximized", false); to user_pref("kmeleon.display.maximized", true);
Saved changes, re-opened the browser, and viola, right where it is supposed to be.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: jerofont
Date: November 11, 2003 10:50AM

Thanks for the answer... I've had the same problem... Nevertheless, great update from 0.7 sp1 and also from 0.8 RC I'd had installed. Thanks to the developpers.

Posted by: Jeff
Date: November 11, 2003 11:31AM

That setting in my prefs.js file is already set to "true" and still the window won't maximize correctly. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted by: Scot Free
Date: November 11, 2003 01:49PM

That setting in my prefs.js file is already set to "true" and still the window won't maximize correctly. Any other suggestions?

Same problem here. Very aggravating. It worked OK through build 841 and then something changed before 843. It was reported and confrimed prior to final release. I have reverted to 841 and will continue to use it until the bug gets fixed.

Posted by: Nick
Date: November 11, 2003 03:24PM

I have had no problems whatsoever with release 8.0 - on two machines here at work and one machine at home.

Did you install over the top of an existing installation? I always rename the original k-meleon folder to k-meleon_old and do a fresh install.

Nick

Posted by: Dan
Date: November 11, 2003 03:56PM

Follow the direction below, and you will solve your problems with the window sizing.

<b>Un-maximized the window, and then set it manually. Drag the window corner to corner until it fills the screen to where you want it.</b>

Closed browser, the went to the profile folder and opened up prefs.js and changed
user_pref("kmeleon.display.maximized", false); <i>When you un-maximize the browser window, it resets the user_pref to false. When you reset it to true, it will open to the size you streched it to.</i> to user_pref("kmeleon.display.maximized", true);

Saved changes, re-opened the browser, and viola, right where it is supposed to be.

Posted by: boogomatic
Date: November 11, 2003 04:57PM

Version 0.8 just kept getting better with each nightly build, but this last minute quirk is annoying.
What I see happening is when a window is opened with kmeleon.display.maximized set to true, the new window is reading kmeleon.display.XPos and kmeleon.display.YPos when it should'nt.
If kmeleon.display.maximized is set to false when a new window is opened, and then maximized, there does'nt seem to be a problem.
If there is a maximized K-Meleon window open, and I have an e-mail client open in the foreground. When a link is clicked in an e-mail, K-Meleon opens maximized and reads kmeleon.display.XPos and kmeleon.display.YPos, ending up partially off the screen.
This will always happen if the last window closed was maximized, even from Ctrl+N ...annoying.

-boogomatic-win95-

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 11, 2003 05:16PM

I know that Ulf made some changes to address some problems with window sizing. I've asked him to look at that.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.