General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Policies Manager
Posted by: caktus
Date: May 14, 2010 04:51PM

On the Policies Manager, the Popups "Allow" setting is grayed out. For most sites I visit I want allow popups. How can I use the Policies Manager to "Block" popups from particular web sites?

Thank you.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Policies Manager
Posted by: mhf
Date: May 14, 2010 06:00PM

It's not greyed out here ???

But check Tools>Privacy> to see if "Block Popups" is checked or not - it is here, which means that you can then allow popups in PM.
If I remember correctly these settings take precedence over PM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2010 06:16PM by mhf.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 14, 2010 07:52PM

no no, it shouldn't be greyed-out even if blocked in global kmeleon settings..they both read same prefs and work together so it's strange it's disabled, maybe has to do with profile write permissions, not sure

try creating a new zone in policy manager and see if popups are still blocked

Date: May 14, 2010 08:18PM

mhf
It's not greyed out here ???

But check Tools>Privacy> to see if "Block Popups" is checked or not - it is here, which means that you can then allow popups in PM.
If I remember correctly these settings take precedence over PM.

Tools > Block Popups is not selected. As I prefer to allow popups from nearly all sites that I visit, being able to block popups from only very few sites would be most convenient for me. Perhaps I will have to continue manually closing popups from those very few sites but it is by no means a deal-breaker but rather laziness on my part.:cool:

disrupted
no no, it shouldn't be greyed-out even if blocked in global kmeleon settings..they both read same prefs and work together so it's strange it's disabled, maybe has to do with profile write permissions, not sure

try creating a new zone in policy manager and see if popups are still blocked

Still "Block Popups" is disabled.

Also, "Allow Software Installation Requests" is disabled but this is fine by me.

I'll try recreating then Plicies Manager maco from the Macro Library. Maybe I just messed it up the first time around, which is very likely the case.

Charlie

Date: May 14, 2010 09:20PM

Charlie
I'll try recreating then Plicies Manager maco from the Macro Library

Still, no go.sad smiley

Charlie

Posted by: siria
Date: May 14, 2010 09:24PM

Charlie, didn't you recently have so much trouble after moving some macros from the program folder into profile folder and vice versa, because some were double afterwards? And guess the Policies Manager belongs to the more complex macros, perhaps there's just something double or such again, but no idea ;-)

Date: May 15, 2010 09:10PM

siria
Charlie, didn't you recently have so much trouble after moving some macros from the program folder into profile folder and vice versa, because some were double afterwards? And guess the Policies Manager belongs to the more complex macros, perhaps there's just something double or such again, but no idea ;-)

The earlier trouble was with the Extensions manager. I foreget what eaxactly was the problem but I had decided that my KM was more than likely corrupted somehow and I had decided to reinstall KM and start over from scratch. And since then everything has been working well, until this problem with the Policies manager. It could be that this problem with the Polocies manager had always existed and I just hadn't realized it. But this problem is for the most part a "non-problem" that I can certainly live with.

The policyman.kmm is only in the User-Defined Macro folder. Below is the cotents of the macro in the case that you might notice something wrong in it:

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ------------ pending macro for ported extension----------------------------------------

policy{
$OpenURL="chrome://policymanager/content/policymanager.xul";
$ExecMacros="OpenURL_InNewWindow"; &ExecMacros_Frames;
}

policyurl{
$HOST = hostname( $URL );
setclipboard("");
$sslsecure=("https://"winking smiley;
$checkssl=(substr($URL,0,8)=="https://"?setclipboard($sslsecure.$HOST):setclipboard($HOST));
}

policylink{
$HOST = hostname( $LinkURL );
setclipboard("");
$sslsecure=("https://"winking smiley;
$checkssl=(substr($LinkURL,0,8)=="https://"?setclipboard($sslsecure.$HOST):setclipboard($HOST));
}

policy_BuildMenu{
setmenu(LinkSave,inline,policy_mode,-1);
setmenu(policy_mode,macro,"Policies Manager",policylink);
setmenu(DocumentSave,inline,policy_mod,-1);
setmenu(policy_mod,macro,"Policies Manager",policyurl);
setmenu("&Privacy",inline,policy_man,-1);
setmenu(policy_man,macro,"Policies Manager",policy);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."policy_BuildMenu;";

# --------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."policy;";

Charlie

Posted by: siria
Date: May 15, 2010 10:12PM

I'm not using it myself, but since it works for other people on other machines, it's probably not the macro itself, or it wouldn't work anywhere.
And I just noticed completely shocked that KM16a4 produces some absolutely WEIRD error with a macro that works perfectly fine on KM154, both on my own machine!! Completely confused now too :-(

Date: May 16, 2010 03:24AM

siria
I'm not using it myself, but since it works for other people on other machines, it's probably not the macro itself, or it wouldn't work anywhere.
And I just noticed completely shocked that KM16a4 produces some absolutely WEIRD error with a macro that works perfectly fine on KM154, both on my own machine!! Completely confused now too :-(

I guess that won't really amount to much of a problem since 1.6 seems to have given way to 1.7 before it (1.6) has even gotten out of the starting gate.

Charlie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.