General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
how to migrate tabs between k-meleons?
Posted by: zorobabel
Date: June 04, 2010 04:09AM

I want to try other versions of k-meleon (I'm tired of some bugs in 1.5.1) but I don't want to loose my tabs. One way to do it would be to copy every single link, which would suck.
Some ideas I had:
1. In Opera I just copy my sessions files and that's it. I just can't find the session files, please help me!
2. In Firefox you can bookmark all tabs and then open all bookmarks in tabs. Can't seem to be able to this.
3. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how to migrate tabs between k-meleons?
Date: June 04, 2010 05:22AM

3. I was able to use groups! smiling smiley I lost the tab order, but it's not that bad.

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: June 04, 2010 06:54AM

Hi, zorobabel,
read this for a start

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: siria
Date: June 04, 2010 10:16AM

Great list, Soeren! smiling smiley

zorobabel
1. In Opera I just copy my sessions files and that's it. I just can't find the session files, please help me!

Some basics for better understanding settings in KM ;-)
All your stored sessions incl. "previous" one are stored in your profile. Click Edit > Configuration > Profile directory, then right-click on "prefs.js" and open it in a text editor (like notepad). This one contains basically all your custom settings in one big heap. Do a search for "sessions" and there's a whole block, all together. You can copy&paste stuff from one prefs.js to another in another profile folder, as long as the browser is closed (or it overwrites the changes automatically).

If you're only copying settings and sessions among different KM 1.5.x versions, you can simply copy over the whole prefs.js into the new profile folder! Or just copy the whole content of one profile folder into another.
If you're dealing with major version differences (KM1.5x/KM1.6x), some settings may not work or cause bugs (tabs at bottom crash KM1.6 at startup), but that need not keep you from creating a new profile in KM1.6 and just try it out :cool: I did, works great, with a few minor changes grinning smiley

By the way those user settings stored in prefs.js are the same that show up marked in bold text if you go to "about:config". You can also change settings there and the browser stores them automatically in prefs.js in your current profile.

Date: June 04, 2010 06:22PM

Thanks SoerenB, that's where I got the groups idea.

Thanks a lot siria, you sure cleared up things for me. It's a good way to migrate the keyboard shortcuts too, and other stuff.

Thanks guys.

Date: June 04, 2010 07:09PM

oops, keyboard shortcuts are in accel.cfg.

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 04, 2010 08:07PM

SoerenB
Hi, zorobabel,
read this for a start

This post need a little updated because Groups2 is updated recently.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: June 06, 2010 07:37AM

Thanks, desga2,

and: updated it.

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.