General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Bookmark display
Posted by: Neko-bus
Date: October 09, 2001 08:38PM

Just tried it and K-Meleon seem great so far!

One little problem - it imported Netscape's bookmarks fine, but some of the menus have more items than will fit on the screen. Netscape creates a multi-column menu when this happens and Mozilla scrolls (or has the sidebar), but in K-Meleon extra items just get cut off the bottom of the screen. Is there any way to avoid this (besides re-arranging all my bookmarks)? Actually, In Netscape I'd sometimes use the edit bookmark dialog for easier access, but this also won't work in K-Meleon. Double clicking won't open an item, and it's a modal dialog which can't be minimized like it can in Netscape.

Another thing I've noticed is pages don't seems to render while loading as they do in Mozilla. Instead it seems like the page remains blank and renders all at once after loading completes - this makes it seem slow at times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmark display
Posted by: Talanvor
Date: November 08, 2001 12:48AM

I just installed K-Meleon and am really liking the speed. My only problem is with the way it handles bookmarks. Actually, most of the new browsers seem to have very poor handling of bookmarks, it's one of the reasons why I've stuck with Netscape 4.7 for so long. From IE to Opera to Mozilla it looks like they all use the same type of system, and I really don't like it.

Does anyone know of a way, short of making the plugin on my own that is, to get K-Meleon to use the same type of bookmarking system in 4.7x Netscape?

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.