General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Rocker gestures 0.0.4
Posted by: Romanito
Date: May 07, 2004 08:32AM

The modified gestures plugin version 0.0.4 is out. I fixed some bugs and added configurability. Use these preferences to change the rocker gestures behavior :

kmeleon.plugins.gestures.RL (default ID_NAV_BACK)
kmeleon.plugins.gestures.LR (default ID_NAV_FORWARD)

As usual, the plugin can be downloaded here. Hopefully it should be stable now... until I find the next bug winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rocker gestures 0.0.4
Posted by: ra
Date: May 07, 2004 01:16PM

How about filing a RFE for that, so it will hopefully be added to the "official" plugin?

That'll make switching from Opera to K-M (or just using both) easier. ;o)

Date: May 07, 2004 01:17PM

Oh, and yeah, the plugin works fine (0.0.3 at least, will try .4 later). :-) I think Opera reacts a bit faster, but I may be wrong.

Date: May 07, 2004 04:33PM

ra: Ulf Erikson, the author of the original plugin (and manager of the K-Meleon project) told me about giving me access to the project CVS, so I could add the new features to the official plugin. I sent a mail to him about that but ... no response sad smiley

About the comparison between Opera and K-Meleon responsiveness, see this thread.

Posted by: alain.NoSpam.aupeix@wanadoo.fr
Date: May 07, 2004 04:55PM

A little error:

The programmer of StrokeIt seems to be Jeff Doozan and old K-Meleon Programmer
Ulf Erikson in the actual K-Meleon programmer.

Date: May 07, 2004 05:16PM

Ok, sorry, I just took the name that was in the Gestures Plugin source file smiling smiley

Posted by: rmn
Date: May 08, 2004 12:34AM

Ulf sometimes is late in answering mails. If it's been too long, you may consider to write again (probably got deleted or something).

Posted by: GuNNiX
Date: May 08, 2004 02:21AM

This plugin and the privacy plugin is really good. I start using K-Meleon as main browser for windows now smiling smiley. Also because it can read mozilla bookmarks I use in linux , opera can't winking smiley. I wonder how KM version 1.0 will be smiling smiley

Date: May 08, 2004 04:46PM

Ok, thx.

Romanito with "reacts a bit faster" I meant the rocker mouse gesture (didn't see that mentioned in the thread you pointed out).

Think of a user that is really fast in clicking first the right and then the left mouse button with nearly no time between these two clicks. Now compare KMs result with your plugin and the one from Opera.

In KM I often have the problem that nothing happens or the right mouse menu pops up and I think that is because I'm clicking to fast (if I hold down the right mouse button a bit longer it always works like expected). I don't have this problem with Opera.

Date: May 09, 2004 12:32AM

clicking too fast

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.