General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
removing dividing lines in context menu
Posted by: mhf
Date: July 19, 2010 06:41PM

I couldn't decide where to post this so I chose this board !

I recently uninstalled some extensions (don't ask me which...) and there are some annoying extra dividing lines left behind in the page context menu - I looked through the cfg file but couldn't find - or understand - where these are coded.

So how can I remove them ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2010 06:51PM by mhf.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: removing dividing lines in context menu
Posted by: siria
Date: July 19, 2010 06:59PM

Hmm, menu entries of macros are defined in their kmm-file, but you say you UNinstalled them, so it's either all menu lines they created or none... hmm... *clueless*

Syntax-Example for a divider via macro:
setmenu("LinkSave",separator,xymacro_send);

Actually it's not quite easy to create visible dividers without anything in between, haven't quite figured out yet when it happens and when not ;-)

Are you sure you don't have any manual dividers left in your menus.cfg, in the default one and the one with your personal additions??

Otherwise, I'd perhaps disable some more macros and check if they are the culprits... Or perhaps those menu-macros by disrupted, which do nothing *except* create named parent menus? Unfortunately they don't contain 'menu...' in their name, so open and look into those with the smallest file size... If you'd know what was in those empty spaces before, which commands, that would be easier!

PS: If you can't decide where to post something, "General" is always the best place ;-)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2010 07:04PM by siria.

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 20, 2010 07:58PM

Yes, this thread must be moved to General forum.

I think your problem is not delete the extension macro file and menu tried to be created. GO to Preferences (F2) -> Macro Extension and uncheck the macro extension deleted. Also you can try to search in your profile (Edit -> Configuration -> Profile Directory) macros subfolder to delete the macro extension .kmm file.

If you don't know, please provides more data about the extension and context menu, some screen capture is a good data.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2010 08:00PM by desga2.

Posted by: mhf
Date: July 20, 2010 09:46PM

Yes that was it - I unchecked the macro in Preferences and the lines disappeared - thanks.
However I had uninstalled via KM extensions manager !!!

PS sorry about the wrong board - please move ...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.