privacy mode in KM
Posted by: mhf
Date: August 06, 2010 04:53PM

Quid KM ? : The Register

Re: privacy mode in KM
Posted by: disrupted
Date: August 06, 2010 08:10PM

i believe what affects firefox in regards to certs affects kmeleon as well..so probably it's the same problem but not very sure

what caught my eye is this
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/06/poo_car/
now it's a true beetle

Date: August 06, 2010 10:01PM

m, i madea few tests and from what i've observed it doesn't appear that km is vulnerable to that cert8 problem..that is in default settings created for privacy mode by autoit so it isn't really a guarantee since a user may change privacy settings opening a door so privacymode has been updated to always clear all traces of cert8.db for the privacy mode once it window closes regardless of user settings for privacy..additionally for rest assurance, autoit will automatically delete history, cookies and icocache for privacy mode and will not rely on km prefs..this will only affect instances running in privacy mode only and not regular profiles their cache won't be affected

new update link here
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/privacymode.7z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 10:02PM by disrupted.

Posted by: mhf
Date: August 06, 2010 10:38PM

OK, thanks disrupted for the explanation.

Another question about privacy mode while we're on it : here when I go into PM it opens in a new window - is that normal behaviour ? Why can't it open in a new tab ? Or is it because PM needs a new instance ?

And why was the dog astounded ?

Date: August 07, 2010 12:18AM

yes exactly... because of a separate profile, it can't be in the same window/profile and not modify user settings and affect already opened tabs. i think it's the same too in chrome and firefox.. they also open a second window but they don't create a secondary profile, it's built-in i think

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.