General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to pin K-meleon to win7 taskbar?
Posted by: Calvin
Date: August 19, 2010 11:41AM

Hi, how do I pin K-Meleon to the windows 7 taskbar, sad M$ seem to make it horrendously difficult.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to pin K-meleon to win7 taskbar?
Posted by: jar
Date: August 19, 2010 01:35PM

No, problem is definitelly on your side. You can pin K- meleon to the task bar the same way you do it with other programs. I do not think I´ve got some strange edition of W7.

If you take icon of Km and put it within other icons on taskbar what does it do?
Or run Km and right click on the icon and choose pin to the taskbar.

Are you sure you mean you can not pin it to the taskbar or you just can not access menu you can have f.e. with IE?

Posted by: siria
Date: August 19, 2010 01:35PM

Well, all I could tell you is a way to put a little shortcut icon into the QuickStart bar right next to the "Start"-button, if that's what you mean...?
In the open browser click Edit>Configuration>Macros, click the button to go one level higher: Click "k-meleon.exe", hold and pull it into the quickstart field...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2010 01:39PM by siria.

Posted by: Calvin
Date: August 19, 2010 10:51PM

If I drag the Km icon to the taskbar I get a red circle with a line through it, windows's usual "not gonna happen" icon.

If I right click the Km icon that is displayed in the taskbar while Km is running the only option I have is "close program".

I seem to be unable to pin ANY program (although I have done it with a few apps in the past eg firefox, winamp, and Jdownloader). But now, I can not pin these again if I unpin them. Strange.

Any ideas?

Posted by: jar
Date: August 20, 2010 05:19AM

If you can not pin any program to the taskbar then you have answered your own question. The problem isn´t with K-meleon per se.

If that is so:
- didn´t you install a program for customizing taskbar or desktop?
- how long do you know about the problem? Isn´t it possible it is connected to any microsoft update? And did you check if other users have the similar problem?
- didn´t you install any cleaning registry program?

If you really cannot pin any program to the taskbar I would ask google or/ and check desktop item in registry.

Just to be sure- try to right click IE or other program. Do you have pin to the taskbar option? Does it work?
Other thing I would do is to try it on other computer. You do not have to install K- meleon, just copy K- m folder from program files on flash card and copy it to other W7 running computer. There you will see if the problem is with your computer or not. But as I wrote earlier I could pin any program to the taskbar including K- meleon.

Hope it helps.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 20, 2010 06:12PM

jar seems to have the right ideas. There are lot of internet posts as soon as You

leave the K-Meleon string out of the google querry.

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=How+to+pin++to+win7+taskbar&btnG=Suche&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.