General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
can't get layers to work properly
Posted by: Michael
Date: October 25, 2004 04:20PM

I took two screenshots. One of K-Meleon 0.7 and one of K-Meleon 8.2. Take a look at the layers in .7. Do you notice that you can see all the layers?

http://lighthammer.freeservers.com/Kmeleon7.jpg

Now.....I have the same websites up in 8.2. However, the problem is that I don't have the tabs in this version. Here is my screenshot for 8.2:

http://lighthammer.freeservers.com/Kmeleon8.jpg

How can I get the layered tabs in 8.2 to look like the tabs in 0.7? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can't get layers to work properly
Posted by: Carson
Date: October 26, 2004 12:03PM

An excellent question!

In Sebastian's Wechselbalg, which is 0.8.2+ , the layers/tabs work perfectly on mine. So it can be done. (But, Michael, your 0.8.2 is not the same as Seba-W 0.8.2+.)

-- But the config is different for the 0.9b and 0.9b beta 2 builds. So far, I have just one tab/layer button showing, which is REPLACED when I go to the next URL. That is not what I want.

I've read everything I could find, but I haven't located anything yet which tells me exactly how to have multiple tabs display in a row, so I can hop back and forth.

Perhaps someone else can spell this out for Michael's 0.8.2 and my 0.9b? Thank you very much.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 26, 2004 09:23PM

But the config is different for the 0.9b and 0.9b beta 2 builds. So far, I have just one tab/layer button showing, which is REPLACED when I go to the next URL. That is not what I want.

I've read everything I could find, but I haven't located anything yet which tells me exactly how to have multiple tabs display in a row, so I can hop back and forth.

Middle-click the links. Or type into the URL Bar and click:

Alt+/ or:
Alt+' or:
Ctrl+Alt+N

If you want pages that are set to automatically open in new windows to open in layers instead, go to:

Tools-Browsing Options-Layers Only

Posted by: Michael
Date: October 27, 2004 03:32PM

Middle clicking does open another layer but the whole issue is missed. There is nothing wrong with the layers in my version of K-Meleon. They work great but I want it to be displayed in a row. (See my previous post) If you look at the layers in my two screenshots, you will see that the first one is displayed from left to right and the other screenshot only shows one layer at a time.

That is the question. How can we have the layers next to each other in tabs?

Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 27, 2004 07:42PM

I can't reproduce that bug on my PC with the beta, so I don't know.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.