General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Which Version of K-Meleon for a noob?
Posted by: zzz
Date: December 31, 2004 08:12AM

I'm wondering what version of K-meleon would people here recommend for a noob? I don't think I'll be reporting bugs simply because it's unlikely that I'll be able to figure out what's wrong.

Actually I'm not a complete noob, I've been using K-meleon 8.2 for about a year and it worked fine with the few tweaks I made, so I never bothered to upgrade beyond that. I have a new pc now, so I have to select a version to install.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which Version of K-Meleon for a noob?
Posted by: efosb
Date: December 31, 2004 04:17PM

well, in my opinion, either K-Ninja or Wechselbalg.

Posted by: Carson
Date: December 31, 2004 05:27PM

Actually, this is a rich time for K-Ms. The new 0.9b3 and current 0.9b4 K-Ms are working very well indeed, and you have Sebastian's and Hao's setups to choose from as well. I don't think you'll go wrong, no matter which you choose. AFAIK, there are no K-Ms causing any trouble right now. The issues being raised are mainly what you might call detail-issues; they don't have much negative impact.

Posted by: efosb
Date: January 01, 2005 03:34AM

Actually, this is a rich time for K-Ms. The new 0.9b3 and current 0.9b4 K-Ms are working very well indeed, and you have Sebastian's and Hao's setups to choose from as well. I don't think you'll go wrong, no matter which you choose. AFAIK, there are no K-Ms causing any trouble right now. The issues being raised are mainly what you might call detail-issues; they don't have much negative impact.

i agree. a lot of nice builds at this time.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 01, 2005 10:45AM

i agree with the bunch who have answered already - there are k-m for every taste now.
(active individual k-m setups that build on the official devs work)
i disagree with You because k-m users are no noob (whatever that means) after a year. (0.8.2 came out about a year ago - i remember that i found it as a fine x-ms present in my x-ms holiday.) Especially when they were able to tweak
the lizzard a little.

After all that time You could help with testing - You have all that is needed for a tester - You can set up the browser Yourself, observe what is going on and describe in English if You find a bug & more is not needed.
(in fact we had one bug report that had to be translated into English).

If You have a reasonable fast conection shop around which k-m adaption You like best - or help with testing. most of us do not find a bug anyway.
best new years greetings 2 all

Posted by: Carson
Date: January 02, 2005 01:23AM

And best wishes for a very happy 2005 for you, too, Guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.