General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
scroll wheel on layers?
Posted by: Nicolas Chevreux
Date: February 23, 2005 02:01PM

Hello,

I recently switched to K-Meleon from Firefox and am enjoying it so far.

The only feature I am missing is the ability to use my mouse's scroll wheel to switch layers. This exists in Firefox (at least with the TBE extension) and I find it the fastest way to navigate from a layer to another: just put your pointer above the layer toolbar, and use the wheel.

I guess this would be possible with the mouse gestures and / or macro of K-Meleon but, since I am not a programmer, I have no idea how to do it. smiling smiley Any help would be welcome.

Nicolas

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: scroll wheel on layers?
Posted by: Andkon
Date: February 23, 2005 06:04PM

I don't believe scrollwheels are possible with KM, but you can mimick Opera's behavior:

Tools --> Advanced Prefs --> Accels

Find this:

%ifplugin layers
CTRL VK_TAB = layers(Next)
CTRL SHIFT VK_TAB = layers(Prev)

Replace with:

%ifplugin layers
2 = layers(Next)
1 = layers(Prev)

(Close KM for changes to take effect)

Note: Now you can't type the numbers 1 or 2 in searches or textboxes using 1 and 2 below the F buttons, though for me using the right side of the keyboard doesn't switch tabs.

Note #2: You can replace 1 or 2 it with any other button or combo, but beware that KM might not work if there are conflicts (ie, one keyboard shortcut is defined to two different functions.)

Posted by: jsnj
Date: February 23, 2005 07:21PM

I guess this would be possible with the mouse gestures and / or macro of K-Meleon but, since I am not a programmer, I have no idea how to do it. smiling smiley Any help would be welcome.

There's no way to spin the wheel and move between layers. But by default an upward slanted left gesture [/b] moves to the previous layer and an upward slanted right gesture / moves to the next layer. In KM, those 2 gestures are the equivalent of upleft and upright which also have the same result.

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: February 23, 2005 09:40PM

Well I'll be! Learn something new everyday! Thanks for the hint jsnj! I occasionally have a couple of "tabs" opened and I think I've got my hands so they'll jerk in the right way now. LOL! Sure beats having to move up there and clicking on the sun'o'gun! winking smiley

Thanks again!

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
http://eyesonly.no-ip.info/jimmymac/

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.