General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Recommended font/font size in "all configs"
Posted by: Buggler
Date: April 26, 2005 12:32AM

Would someone tell me which font/font size should be recommended for a 17" monitor with windows xp sp2 1024x768? Should I use Cleartype too?

And another thing, how do I reduce text in some text-insert windows, like orkut scrap? (text in orkut scrapview is much bigger than orkut site).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recommended font/font size in "all configs"
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: April 26, 2005 01:11AM

I am using the same 17' monitor here. I set the font as 12. Don't know whether it suits you.

Hao

Posted by: Buggler
Date: April 26, 2005 01:17AM

Sorry. I forgot to tell that is a 17' LCD monitor. Samsung Syncmaster 710n

Posted by: Carson
Date: April 26, 2005 03:21AM

Because it is an LCD, cleartype is recommended, but only if you think you prefer the difference it makes. Cleartype is not generally used on the older monitors.

Cleartype and other such refinements use up a certain amount of memory. If you were using an older system, you might not use these frills. A newer, more powerful system won't notice the difference.

If it is brand new, you should be aware that your LCD is very delicate when the power is on. The screen hates to be touched! If you must clean something, you apparently do it with the power off. (Makes no sense to me, but so I was told. I still use an old CRT monitor.)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.