General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
fontsize and more
Posted by: slowbrain
Date: November 08, 2010 03:44PM

How can I make K-Meleon keep the font sizes when I switch tabs?(for the same website)
On some sites, letters look ok to read, on other sites I have to enlarge for every tabbed page I need to read.

Is it the website's fault or can K-M somehow keep the size? It is already set large (32) in the Option sections.
with today's small laptops, it is hard to see some pages.

I also can't use BB Code or smileys with K-M and can't find settings for it to activate. I have version 1.5.4 in XP.
I used to be able to do it, before updates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fontsize and more
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 08, 2010 06:33PM

slowbrain
How can I make K-Meleon keep the font sizes when I switch tabs?(for the same website)
On some sites, letters look ok to read, on other sites I have to enlarge for every tabbed page I need to read.

Is it the website's fault or can K-M somehow keep the size? It is already set large (32) in the Option sections.
with today's small laptops, it is hard to see some pages.

I also can't use BB Code or smileys with K-M and can't find settings for it to activate. I have version 1.5.4 in XP.

1.) activate a minim size in F2 Page Display Setting if You need a minimum bigger than most site owners chose as their fonts. Else You can use the user defined style sheet (!important is the keyword that forces styles e.g. sizes).

2.) Site designers font sizes are normally used unless You overridde them.

3.) BB codes and smileys in K-Meleon right-click menu are done by an extension.
AFAIK 1.5.4 should reuse the extension if You installed him on top of the previous one. If You did not or if I am wrong about reuse You must reinstall the extension.

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 08, 2010 06:33PM

slowbrain

Press F2 (Preferences) and go to Page Display -> Fonts, then you can setting "Minimun font size".

slowbrain

Forum BB code toolbar need JavaScript enabled. Press F7 key or uncheck "Block JavaScript" option in Tools -> Privacy menu.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 06:34PM by desga2.

Posted by: slowbrain
Date: November 09, 2010 02:58PM

thank you both,
Following instructions and looking into AFAIK 1.5.4.
Also I will see if Javascript will help BBCodes, since otherwise I always have to switch to Firefox to do, what I have to do.

I did not log-in today but by going to the forum, I was already logged in, but can't see my login name anywhere and I can answer here without logging in. Does K-Meleon keep my login somewhere? I don't remember clicking on something to keep it.
It seems, I am still learning KM, it has a lot more modules then I realized.

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 09, 2010 03:05PM

1.) JavaScript is needed for this Forum build in BBCode (desga2 said it). BBCode extension (when installed) need that You mark the text taht You want to format.

2.) F2 -> Privacy & Security -> General tab of Privacy and Security Settings

There are several items that You can alter.

Peek into passwords.

Remember pwds or no....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 03:13PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: November 09, 2010 03:14PM

It's just your cookie settings, see the preferences on the same page as guenter just posted smiling smiley
You stay logged in as long as you keep the cookies, as in most forums etc., no new login needed. In the preferences you can set a max time how long to keep cookies, forever or several days or session only. You can check there the currently stored cookies and the list of exceptions: from which sites you allow or block cookies against your *general* cookie setting. See also in menu Tools > Privacy > "Block Cookies", and "permissions", and "View Data".
Personally I prefer to always have the Privacy Toolbar enabled, to see at one glance if cookies and javascript etc. are at the moment blocked or not smiling smiley

If you want to access your forum settings here (e.g. the list of "followed topics" etc.), that link appears at the top of the main forum pages, just not in single threads it seems ("control center").

PS: This forum works also fine without javascript, you just can't do any text formatting or insert smilies or such without it, unless you know what to type manually. And that's what the kmbbcode extension is meant for, it allows such stuff even when javascript is currently blocked (one of my most used macros grinning smiley)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 03:20PM by siria.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.