General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta
Posted by: siria
Date: November 22, 2010 04:59AM

Vcredist missing...?t

@devs: "setup" version: Would it be possible to use as default setting to ask to choose a profile, which would also allow to create a new one? Or would that give probs if none exist yet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: phenix
Date: November 23, 2010 04:16PM

Thanks for K-meleon 1.6.0.
Running Vista business.
Downloaded K-Meleon 1.6.0_beta_en-us.7z.
It WORKED......
I made a comment in a previous post about The "SatelliteGuys"
site and having a problem with "Javascript". 1.6.0 fixed it.
Now there are no ads over the messages.
If you have a 2-way firewall, like I do, you must set it to accept
cookies from K-Meleon.

Also tried meleon1.6.0_beta_en-us.exe. Couldn't get this one to work.

How will I know when to update this beta version?

The Font size is so large it goes past the end of my screen.
Suggestions on how to fix that would be appreciated.
Regards,
Phenix

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 23, 2010 05:44PM

phenix

1. Look for announcement in the forum.

2. Check EDIT - PREFERENCES - PAGE DISPLAY - FONTS to see if any very large minimum font size has been set.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: November 23, 2010 06:04PM

JamesD
ndebord
Cookies... how to handle them in KM 1.6beta.

CookieCuller? CookieMonster? SQlite thingees?

Any help much appreciated.

I just went into options on Cookie Monster and set my 1.6 beta profile location into the Mozilla/Netscape line. Then I went to certain websites where I know that I want cookies saved, and after closing KM, I saved the cookies. This seems to work for me.

James,

cookies.sqlite seems to be the new cookies file... when I use Cookie Monster, it works for awhile, then stops. In Options I have set the location as the Profiles folder for K-Meleon AND for Mozilla*... BUT there is nothing shown in Cookie Monster and when I check in Preferences, cookies are still there. So Cookie Monster is no longer removing cookies for me.

* C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles

Any ideas?

N

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 23, 2010 07:17PM

phenix
Also tried meleon1.6.0_beta_en-us.exe. Couldn't get this one to work.

Regards,
Phenix

Are you sure you have permissions to install software or to write in the installation directory?

Visit the K-Meleon website and/or the Forum.

Also you can do it setting the default zoom: Preferences (F2) -> Page Display -> General (tab) -> Default zoom.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 23, 2010 08:07PM

@ ndebord

What is the version of Cookie Monster that you use? I have 3.47 and it works fine for me. Maybe the newer versions of CM have changed to sqlite. CM might follow the path of the big name browsers.

Posted by: WasiAzeem
Date: November 23, 2010 10:55PM

siria
Especially glad, that KM1.6 still runs on win98 grinning smiley Although needing some tricks and having quite some bugs yet, mentioned in other threads already.
can you post here what tricks I must do to enable 1.6 on win98? I get the error when clicking the exe or its shortcut like ""k-meleon is linked to missing link ADVAPI.32.."
AFA I know, this error means the program is not compatible with Win98.

Date: November 24, 2010 12:38AM
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 24, 2010 01:42AM

@siria, heia, oder morgen AU ->grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 01:43AM by guenter.

Date: November 24, 2010 04:41AM

JamesD
@ ndebord

What is the version of Cookie Monster that you use? I have 3.47 and it works fine for me. Maybe the newer versions of CM have changed to sqlite. CM might follow the path of the big name browsers.

James,

Odd... I have 3.32 that I got from Alain quite some time ago, but I also have a cookies.sqlite file in my profile, not a cookies.txt like we had in KM 1.5.4.

Corrupted file or? I don't have a clue here.

N

Date: November 24, 2010 01:38PM

@ ndebord

You are right. I have cookies.sqlite too. Maybe your 3.32 version does not do them. I have never checked. My Cookie Monster just ran OK when I added the KM 1.6 beta profile. If you cannot find the 3.47, let me know and I will post it somewhere for you.

Date: November 24, 2010 03:43PM

JamesD
@ ndebord

You are right. I have cookies.sqlite too. Maybe your 3.32 version does not do them. I have never checked. My Cookie Monster just ran OK when I added the KM 1.6 beta profile. If you cannot find the 3.47, let me know and I will post it somewhere for you.

James,

Thanks... after your post, I went and found it and updated to that version... Unfortunately, I still don't have the cookies... it handles IE8 cookies just fine, but no sign of any cookies in Cookie Monster. Makes me wonder what could be going on? I'll try to delete cookies.sqlite, which reminds me, Dorian has continued to use Wallet for passwords (whereby you change to use the old number s format) but what about the older text format for cookies?

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 03:45PM by ndebord.

Date: November 24, 2010 04:58PM

@ ndebord

I don't know why you are not getting cookies in CM. I am posting here my options panel from my CM. I see cookies from all three browsers listed.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/CMoptions.jpg

Date: November 24, 2010 07:33PM

Something with the scrollbar, wondering...
Is it me / my machine or does anyone else have this???
The scrollbar an the right side, when I click with the mouse on one of the little arrows multiple times (about 5x) then the scrolling doesn't stop anymore! It scrolls, and scrolls, and scrolls... line by line, slowly, dozends of lines...
Have not figured out yet how to stop it. Weird...
Neither ESC, nor stop button, nor clicking the other direction, nor choosing another tab works, and am a bit running out of ideas.. the browser is basically frozen when so very busy with scrolling, just like my old gecko1.9 prob that I just cannot get "in between" once a script is busy, cannot stop it or do anything else. After quite awhile the scrolling finally stops somehow

Date: November 24, 2010 08:06PM

@ siria

I am not seeing a scrollbar problem. However, I am on XP.

Date: November 24, 2010 08:56PM

@ siria:
This seems a Win98+KernelEX bug, not problem in WinXP SP3.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 25, 2010 06:50AM

JamesD
@ ndebord

I don't know why you are not getting cookies in CM. I am posting here my options panel from my CM. I see cookies from all three browsers listed.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/CMoptions.jpg

James,

Can't figure it out... tried deleting the sqlite cookies file... reinstalled KM 1.6beta, reinstalled Cookie Monster... nothing seems to work.

Solution, of sorts... changed over to CookieCuller and it does work. Not a clue, unfortunately.

N

Posted by: duffy98
Date: November 25, 2010 10:01AM

siria ... using Win98SE, I am not having the problem you are having. Also, MDGx (MSFN forum) just released (Nov 23) a huge update for Win 98SE. I just found it a short time ago. I am still deciding whether to try it ... some things I don't want but some other stuff I do ... I'd like your opinion on this new update, it's a monster but lots of new updates all in one download. ... would also like to hear from anyone else, who still uses Win98SE, their thoughts on this update.

MDGx Win98 Update Page: 11-23-2010 Update

http://www.mdgx.com/upd98me.php

Unofficial Windows 98 SE Upgrade Pack (WUPG) Dozen Afterlife Edition November 2010

installs 70+ Updates + Security Fixes, > 137 GB HDD Fix, USB Drivers, Internet Games, Movie Maker, KernelEx, NTFS Reader, Taskbar Shuffle, WMP11 Skin, various system + registry tweaks etc:

• WUPG98 [27.5 MB, English].
• WUPG98DE [28.6 MB, German].

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2010 01:23PM by duffy98.

Posted by: Enaitz
Date: November 26, 2010 07:52AM

This looks like an easy to fix bug (Default button for download window is to cancel the download).

May it be possible to fix it for the final 1.6?

Enaitz Jar

Date: November 27, 2010 10:23PM

Enaitz
This looks like an easy to fix bug (Default button for download window is to cancel the download).

May it be possible to fix it for the final 1.6?

Enaitz,

LTNS! And yes, I like your method for handling downloads

N

Date: November 27, 2010 10:33PM

@duffy: Thanks for the tip. That may well fix some of my little probs... Will check it out when it's not so brandnew anymore and when I finally manage a long since overdue new partition image ;-)

Date: November 28, 2010 09:31AM

Really like the new language pref sheet smiling smiley
Am using it rather often for toggling back and forth, since some idiots at ebay Germany are blocking lots of articles if french language is listed in that pref, claiming those articles were "french perfume" and forbidden to sell here or some nonsense. Never knew that mechanical tools for old people, even up to wheelchairs, are "perfume or cosmetics" >-( Sorry drives me mad every time, but back to that pref sheet tongue sticking out smiley

I keep forgetting to click on "Apply"! Since it's just so unusual in the KM prefs, especially unusual to have it placed in the middle, and also unusual to have it named "Apply" instead of "Save" :cool: So just a little suggestion to move "Add/Remove" to the middle or top and "Save" instead to the bottom, nearer to the Next/Close buttons...

Date: November 28, 2010 12:22PM

siria
I keep forgetting to click on "Apply"! Since it's just so unusual in the KM prefs, especially unusual to have it placed in the middle, and also unusual to have it named "Apply" instead of "Save" :cool: So just a little suggestion to move "Add/Remove" to the middle or top and "Save" instead to the bottom, nearer to the Next/Close buttons...

It's not possible, the buttons at bottom are by default for all panels and I can't changed it.
Really you are applying the changes, not saveing it, this is the idea of named Apply.
This is a new feature, you only need some time to adapted to it.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2010 12:23PM by desga2.

Date: November 29, 2010 08:19AM

Little misunderstanding, it's clear the bottom is "fix", I just meant to "switch" the positions of Apply/Save and Add-Remove buttons ;-) Uhm, what's again the difference between "Save" in other tools and "Apply" here...? :cool:

Posted by: jemmi
Date: December 08, 2010 03:02PM

Hey there, just reporting smiling smiley
Dailymotion's html5 video is flickering with KM1.6 beta but seems to work fine with Firefox. With Chrome, it is even not flickering at all. Unfortunatly, i can't compare with IE at now. (On 'http://html5test.com/';, it seems that KM1.6 is rated 20/27 when Firefox and Chrome are 22/27). I was wondering which parameters i can play with for trying to improve this...

P3 700Mhz, 256MB, WinxpSP3

Posted by: Matt
Date: December 13, 2010 07:51PM

Desga, congrats on Beta 2 but no announcement on the board? winking smiley

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/kmeleon16

Have these bugs been fixed in Beta 2? http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,112179,112412#msg-112412

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 07:52PM by Matt.

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 13, 2010 10:44PM

Matt

Have these bugs been fixed in Beta 2? http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,112179,112412#msg-112412

No, If You mean mainly the SourceView problems.

View source is a XUL item. So this not a K-Meleon native bug. It is a XUL (FireFox, SeaMonkey toolkit backend) window/item that is crashing while is is loaded as a new window in K-Meleon.

There is IMHO not much that can be done from the chrome/XUL side - except if You want to use a LOT of XUL and make K-Meleon a browser with a XUL based GUI. sad smiley
(For 1.8 I found a lucky XUL based hack but no fix - but for 1.9 I gave up my search long ago).

Ideally K-Meleon's native ViewSource should be opened/called.
The question is Whether and how can that be achieved/coded?

A real fix AFAIK needs a redirect a call from a Console2 Xul item (namely seamonkey-hack.xul / line 94 & line 96), which is addressing ViewSource.Xul (another XUL item in chrome://global/content/viewSource.xul else chrome://navigator/content/viewSource.xul), to a native Windows widget/K-Meleon-browser-source-view-window passing on info about: file location, line number and letter number of the error.

Else? Maybe someone can hack a way with a limitet number of XUL files e.g. like quicknote, which works for K-Meleon but how to redirect the info what it must open and do?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 11:10PM by guenter.

Posted by: Matt
Date: December 14, 2010 05:31PM

IMHO this issue screams for a skilled dev. What a pity that kko is no longer involved, Hao seems to be missing as well sad smiley

Danke für die Erklärung, guenter.

Posted by: snuz2
Date: December 19, 2010 03:04AM

Things seen on 1.6b2 that were not seen in the preBeta, may have already been reported, my apologies...W98SE with KEx 4.5.15.

Randomly seems to select items on page as if mouse was left clicked somewhere on the page when window is switched to, usual anchor point appears upper left (0,0). Except the mouse button was not held down.

Occasional locking on menu selection, just stops responding for a second or two, may only happen when Flash10 is very active...but never notice this in preBeta.

Window origin changes from time to time, only the Y coord. Drifts down the screen when opened and closed ( the app, not the window).

Stuff that was also in the preBeta:
Fails to load URLs from the address drop down list. reply or pm me for further details.

Problems rendering toolbar icons in some skins and also cursors and sometimes even small images in Flash. contact me for example websites if you've never seen this behavior. these worked fine in km1.5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 03:05AM by snuz2.

Date: December 19, 2010 05:18PM

The main difference between preBeta and Beta2 is the Gecko engine version.
Your problems seem due to Win98+KernelEx.
Others users can confirm if this happend only in Win98+KernelEx or happend also on WinXP systems.

Remember that Win98+KernelEx is out of support because Gecko engine 1.9.x drop his compatibility with Win9x systems. KernelEx is a patch not an 100% compatible update and can have this type of problems.

I'll tried to changed all I can to make K-Meleon functional with Win98+KernelEx but ever if this changes not affected to normal functionality on WinXP and later.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 05:18PM by desga2.

Pages: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.