*Annoying* dialog window when logging into one forum
Date: December 07, 2010 06:17AM

I just installed K-meleon.

After adding my bookmarks and then logging in to one forum, I mis-spelled my username.

Needless to say, I had to re-enter it.

Now, EVERY time I go to that page while not logged in, I get a dilog box saying "Select a username to be entered on this forum", and I have to select between the correct spelling and incorrect spelling of my username.

WTH? This feature is both rather useless and COMPLETELY annoying (especially since it isn't a one-time thing), and I can't figure out how to make it stop.

Please let me know how to stop this annoying dialog box for good... Thanks.

Re: *Annoying* dialog window when logging into one forum
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 07, 2010 10:13AM

F2 - Manage Passwords and Sites - delete the redundant password.
Also perhaps delete cookies.

This is not a K-Meleon bug - This post is moved to General.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2010 10:13AM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 07, 2010 11:31AM

Yep, in the "Privacy" section ;-)
Personally I have disabled the password manager completely, never needed it since I'm handling my forum accounts with cookie permissions.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 07, 2010 05:27PM

siria
Yep, in the "Privacy" section ;-)
Personally I have disabled the password manager completely, never needed it since I'm handling my forum accounts with cookie permissions.

Siria,

Cookie permissions work most of the time, but not all. But I agree that using password manager is not the best choice. For me, the way to go was to go to open source password manager Password Safe.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2010 05:27PM by ndebord.

Date: December 20, 2010 02:31AM

Thanks.

Sorry I posted in the wrong area, and sorry if I've come off like a jerk in my post as well... I was feeling rather impatient and frustrated at the time after dealing with other browsers seemingly screwing themselves up (I can't even make Firefox OPEN anymore no matter what I do, and ever since the last Opera update yesterday, everything's been going haywire there too).

I'm not sure if it's something with those browsers or if it has more to do with Vista, which seems to create problems for itself out of thin air, much like my Ford Focus...

Again, thanks. I appreciate the help.

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 20, 2010 11:26AM

A post here in General Forum, is the right place for all general help and support.

As for Opera and the rest - make sure they have rights to start after the update.
This Vista bug sounds sure like the side effect when a firewall or other rights management does not let an application start after an update. sad smiley

If nothing else can be done because You cannot find the reason?

Install the application in the user "appdata" folder like Google does with chrome browser. Look here on how to find the profiles and appdata folder on Vista.

greetings & cheer up a little smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2010 11:27AM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.