Close layer bug?
Posted by: Elcalen
Date: November 12, 2003 10:12AM

With only one layer when I select "close layer", the whole browser closes. (Previously it just turned the active layer to a blank one.) Then, when I open KM again, it starts with TWO layers, one blank one titled K-Meleon, and another blank titled about:blank (yeah, it's set to open with a blank page). This can't be intentional. (Running Win98 and build 844, of course.)

Re: Close layer bug?
Posted by: Marc (marcb@NOboSPAMx100.com)
Date: November 12, 2003 03:37PM

Just happened to me now.
In fact, KM is not closed, closing the layer fails and KM is hidden from the user. When you start KM again (thinking it is not running) it finds the hidden process and add a new tab to it.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 12, 2003 03:44PM

Please file a bug on this and the steps to replicate it.

Date: November 12, 2003 03:45PM

can't reproduce it
sorry

Date: November 12, 2003 03:49PM

Huh?

To me it happens every time I close a layer if I only have one open!

Date: November 12, 2003 05:15PM

Yep, the cause is just as Marc said, it actually just closes the layer, which is in fact the whole window, but doesn't close KM itself... This did not happen in earlier builds. I wonder if some safety has been removed from the code or something?

Date: November 12, 2003 05:50PM

In my case it didn't close the layer. When KM reappeared, the one I wanted to closed was still there. The second layer was there too, and a new one (about:blank) has been added.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: November 12, 2003 08:48PM

I can't make it do that at all! Mine retains the blank layer and stays put. I tried hard, too, using different menus and keys :-)

Posted by: idotherock
Date: November 12, 2003 10:05PM

I think it's a bug that happens when user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.layers.catch", true); is enabled, because I don't have the problem now that is disabled.

Rob

Posted by: batifol
Date: November 12, 2003 11:30PM

I confirm, this bug happens only when user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.layers.catch", true); is enabled.
KM build 844, Win ME.

Date: November 13, 2003 01:03AM

The preference wasn't set in either way in my settings. What is the default behavior?

Date: November 13, 2003 11:16AM

Default is false. (ie. opens new windows and not layers.)

Yes, and I have it set to true as well, so it's quite possible it only occurs if this is the case.

Date: November 13, 2003 12:47PM

It happened to me, and the pref was set to default (which, you're saying, is false)

Date: November 13, 2003 02:34PM

Hmm, and if I understood your earlier post correctly, you had at least two layers open when it happened to you? So it seems the result was the same, but the circumstances somewhat different... weird...

Date: November 13, 2003 02:40PM

Yes, very weird. And I can't reproduce it.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.