General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Save a copy of KM 0.9.12
Posted by: perry
Date: April 23, 2006 10:09PM

Any one know how i can save a copy of KM 0.9.12 and put it into safe keeping,This is my favorite version .I use km 0.9.12 all the time i would however like to save it without having to disturb my already KM 0.9.12.This is something new to me to do this, lots of things i can do but this is a first for me .Thanks for any help. Also this is the greatest browser i have ever used lowest memory usage fast better than firefox my alltime favorite. Any one who reads this if you don't have it get it you want be dissappointed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Save a copy of KM 0.9.12
Posted by: Al.
Date: April 23, 2006 11:02PM

Depends upon what backup mediums you have, like a CD or DVD burner or similar. I mean the answer is going to be pretty straightforward as you should realise.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 24, 2006 12:13AM

Perry,

Most people use zip files to backup files and/or folders/directories. You can do the same. WinZip, among other archive programs, loads up in Windows Explorer and so you could zip up the entire folder and all the sub-folders underneath the main folder into a zip file on your hard drive. You could then BURN that folder to a CD and save it forever or so long as CDR discs survive before degrading!

Posted by: perry
Date: April 24, 2006 02:44AM

Thank you very much. I don't ever want to lose this version

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.