General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Need Verification Help of site problems
Posted by: CJ
Date: May 08, 2006 01:13PM

When I go to the site below and go to the "Registration" page, after completing all of the information that is requested, there is supposed to be a button at the bottom to "send" the inputed info, this button is not visible to me using version 0.9.12 on a Win98SE System. Also when I attempt to view the example of how to register, the Flash plugin loads, but I can only hear the instructions no animation is visible.

http://www.medcohealth.com/medco/consumer/home.jsp

Just want verification if it's only me or is it a problem?

Thanks for the any help.

CJ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need Verification Help of site problems
Posted by: Enaitz Jar
Date: May 08, 2006 01:18PM

On the register menu, I see a a menu to fill with personal data and at the very bottom of the screen, there's a "register" button, supposedly to send the info.

Have you tried it on Internet Explorer?

Posted by: Drahken
Date: May 08, 2006 01:44PM

The submit button is being hosted on akamai.net, this is commonly blocked in various ad filtering techniques because it is freqently used to host ad images. Blocking it is problematic however, because many sites also use it for legitimate images (such as the submit buttons). To fix the problem permanently, you need to disable or edit anything which might be blocking it (this includes proxies, filtering programs, image permissions, adblock, PAC files, usercontent files, etc). A temporary fix that should work (unless it's your usercontent file that's blocking it) is to turn on image placeholders, then just click where the image -should- be. (You can also move the mouse around the right area until you see "javascript:submit(main)" in the status bar, then click.)

Here's a screenshot: http://allspark.net/cypherswipe/submit-button.png

Posted by: CJ
Date: May 08, 2006 03:03PM

That helps, thanks Drahken

CJ

Posted by: rmn
Date: May 08, 2006 04:25PM

Wow, blocking Akamai is just silly; IIRC it provides the biggest caching network, and I read somewhere that it is sometimes used to help alleviate the effect of DDoS attacks.

Posted by: Drahken
Date: May 08, 2006 05:52PM

The problem with akamai (and the reason most people block it) is that about 80% or more of the images it is used for are ad images. If you block akamai, you can block a huge portion of ads all in one shot. Only a few sites use akamai for legitimate images (I think amazon is one of them), so most poeple don't realize that any site uses them for legitimate images.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.