General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 20
Re: Flash Player 11.3.300.265 available
Posted by: ndebord
Date: July 21, 2012 05:50PM

duffy98
Hi ... need some help on finding my downloaded YouTube videos. I no longer have Windows 98SE on my computer and just switched to XP last month (June). When I had Windows 98SE installed I had no trouble finding the downloaded "tmp" videos. I can't find any downloads since I switched to using K-Meleon with Windows XP. Where exactly should I look in the Windows folder to find the downloaded tmp videos.
thanks ...

Right click on MY COMPUTER from Start

Click on Advanced, then Environment Variables

Scroll down through System Variables until you find your temp and tmp settings. That is where Windows XP will store temporary files.

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: duffy98
Date: July 21, 2012 06:34PM

Thanks ndebord ... would have never figured that one out ... still getting used to this "new" OS, even though it's obsolete and getting older every minute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2012 06:36PM by duffy98.

Date: July 21, 2012 10:33PM

duffy98
Thanks ndebord ... would have never figured that one out ... still getting used to this "new" OS, even though it's obsolete and getting older every minute.

duff698,

I used W98se with KernelX for quite some time until that particular computer died, then Windows 2000 for awhile until I bought XP PRO first release on eBay.... Used that to redo a Thinkpad laptop (since dead) to get rid of IBM junk. Am still using XP on this slightly newer Core Solo HP desktop. Do not want to move to anything newer until forced and I hope by the time MicroSoft officially kills XP PRO, that there will be a support group as good as KernelX for it.

BTW, if you go back to those settings, you can change the location of where windows looks for its temp/tmp files by creating two new folders C:\Temp and C:\Tmp and adding that info into your variables section.

Where it says (at the top) User Variables for XXXX (your computer's name here)

Click on New (twice) and add two new values
temp c:\temp
tmp c:\tmp

Do the same in System Variables
temp c:\temp
tmp c:\tmp

In the future, your temporary files (from windows and others apps like MS Office) should go to these new locations instead of somewhere deep down in the bowels of windows sub-folders. Let me know if you need more info, as I am never as good at explaining these things as I should be.

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2012 10:34PM by ndebord.

Date: July 21, 2012 11:09PM

N ... I have IBM Thinkpad T series notebooks ... I intended to stay with Windows 98SE when I bought them ... they were listed as the last T series notebook models to work with Windows 98SE but I could never get the Wi-Fi to really work right, just too many problems ... I gave up and finally went to XP and the Wi-Fi is flawless, just works great. Have a few things I don't like about XP but I am more than pleased and I am hunting around for fixes and tweaks. K-Meleon (both 1.5.4 and 1.6) work OK with XP, so I'm happy about that. I really think my Thinkpads are running better with XP installed anyway ... they sure are fast.

I found this FVD Suite for downloading YouTube videos after I posted my last message ... it is only 1 MB in size ... I was a little hesitant to download it but I didn't see anything unusual when I installed it ... it wants to install a tool bar and things but I unchecked all that. I downloaded three videos in mp4 and flv and it was simple to use and the videos are great. I think I will continue to use it for now. I will work with what you posted about the Windows tmp files.

I don't think it put any spyware on my computer but watch the toolbar thing unless you want to try it out ... I don't like toolbars myself but it seems safe.

FVD Suite

http://flashvideodownloader.org/fvd-suite/

thanks ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2012 11:18PM by duffy98.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 21, 2012 11:19PM

Nlite freeware. Creates a install CD. You can get down to Win2000 level services.
Very light. Do not integrate SP2 & SP3. The last time I tried it broke installing.

Date: July 22, 2012 02:49AM

duffy98
N ... I have IBM Thinkpad T series notebooks ... I intended to stay with Windows 98SE when I bought them ... they were listed as the last T series notebook models to work with Windows 98SE but I could never get the Wi-Fi to really work right, just too many problems ... I gave up and finally went to XP and the Wi-Fi is flawless, just works great. Have a few things I don't like about XP but I am more than pleased and I am hunting around for fixes and tweaks. K-Meleon (both 1.5.4 and 1.6) work OK with XP, so I'm happy about that. I really think my Thinkpads are running better with XP installed anyway ... they sure are fast.

I found this FVD Suite for downloading YouTube videos after I posted my last message ... it is only 1 MB in size ... I was a little hesitant to download it but I didn't see anything unusual when I installed it ... it wants to install a tool bar and things but I unchecked all that. I downloaded three videos in mp4 and flv and it was simple to use and the videos are great. I think I will continue to use it for now. I will work with what you posted about the Windows tmp files.

I don't think it put any spyware on my computer but watch the toolbar thing unless you want to try it out ... I don't like toolbars myself but it seems safe.

FVD Suite

http://flashvideodownloader.org/fvd-suite/

thanks ...

Duffy98,

I'm happy with just using the flash dll, either hexed or not-hexed (depending) instead of the whole install and don't need to look further afield for alternatives, until such time as this solution breaks and then...

I had a Thinkpad T40 with XP PRO, their version.... killed it and reinstalled from scratch. As I did not have a real (just the recovery discs) XP disc, changing over was not a problem, so long as I had decent backups. Lots of stuff for you to sort through as you make the change, so wish you the best of luck with that and post if you think of anything.

N

Date: July 22, 2012 02:50AM

guenter
Nlite freeware. Creates a install CD. You can get down to Win2000 level services.
Very light. Do not integrate SP2 & SP3. The last time I tried it broke installing.

Guenter,

I did try nlite when I was first setting up this HP desktop, but decided in the end to just go ahead and do the full XP PRO SP3 install instead. I guess I am not as eager to play around with XP as I was with W98.

N

Date: July 22, 2012 04:11PM

ndebord ... I tried the instructions you printed ...

Right click on MY COMPUTER from Start

Click on Advanced, then Environment Variables

Scroll down through System Variables until you find your temp and tmp settings. That is where Windows XP will store temporary files.

... but I still could not locate the video files anywhere. I see the temp and tmp settings but I'm not sure what to look for next ... am I supposed to see the files or a folder? Windows 98SE was so much easier to work with in this regard so I hunted around and came across that little program. I don't download many videos anyway and that program will probably work OK for me ... like you said, until things change again.

I have a Thinkpad T41 and two T42's ... they came with XP Pro installed but I removed all that, including the hidden restore image, to install Windows 98SE but after all the Wi-Fi problems decided to freshly install XP Pro and tailor it to my liking. Many of my 98SE software programs are able to run on XP and I now have a decent setup on each computer with a Ghost backup.

guenter ... just last week I was fooling around with Nlite freeware but didn't seem to be able to figure out how to work with it. I have to hunt around for some "step by step" instructions and give it another shot. Over at the MSFN XP Forum, a member -X- posted about his website ... he has all the XP Critical updates into July in one download to use with nLite or to just download and then install what you might need ...

Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates (x86)

http://xdot.tk/updates.html

Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates for nLite

This list is designed for use with nLite but can be used for other purposes. Add them to the Hotfix, Add-ons and Update Packs section of nLite.

These are the high-priority updates that install or appear on a stock, fresh install of Windows XP SP3 when visiting Windows Update.

I recommend maintaining a folder with all the current updates/add-ons on your computer so you can easily make an up to date CD.

thanks ...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2012 04:15PM by duffy98.

Posted by: newsflash
Date: July 22, 2012 04:32PM

FYI. Some months ago youtube starting splitting flv files as they streamed to the cache, into approximately two megabyte chunks (like this). This rendered our little temp file trick obsolete and forced many tools out there to update. Then, some weeks ago youtube went on global rampage shutting down as many youtube conversion sites and tools as they could (like so), so in the future we're likely to need tools outside of their chilling influence.

Date: July 22, 2012 04:44PM

newsflash ... thanks for info. I was able to download three complete videos yesterday with that little free program that I mentioned earlier. It gives you about six types of downloads to choose from. Two of these downloads were over 100 MBs and the other was over 80 MBs. These were mp4 and flv downloads.

Date: July 22, 2012 05:39PM

duffy98
ndebord ... I tried the instructions you printed ...

thanks ...

duff698,

The temporary files that this flash hexed DLL creates have a alpha-numeric number and an extension of TMP. You have to rename the TMP file to FLV in order to lead a media player run it.

P.S. If creating new environment variables has not worked for you, I would suggest that you return to the default settings and then look for the TMP files in windows sub-folders.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2012 05:40PM by ndebord.

Date: July 22, 2012 05:41PM

newsflash
FYI. Some months ago youtube starting splitting flv files as they streamed to the cache, into approximately two megabyte chunks (like this). This rendered our little temp file trick obsolete and forced many tools out there to update. Then, some weeks ago youtube went on global rampage shutting down as many youtube conversion sites and tools as they could (like so), so in the future we're likely to need tools outside of their chilling influence.

newsflash,

Google, the new Microsoft. <SIGH>

N

Posted by: Fred
Date: July 22, 2012 08:22PM

A method working on all platforms (Windows, Linux and Mac)
is using the little Python script youtube-dl.
It needs Python 2.5 and higher on your computer,
from python.org. Python is the script interpreter
for the Python script language.
The little script has already been adapted earlier
and will hopefully be adapted again, if this should
become necessary again in the future.

Fred

Posted by: Fred
Date: July 22, 2012 08:37PM

PS:

The downloaded .flv file can be viewed in FLVplayer
or can be converted to a .swf file, which can be viewed
in the Browser, by Oxelon for example, which can also
convert to .avi or .mp4 .

Fred

Date: July 23, 2012 12:39AM

Thanks Fred ... in regards to converting files, I just bought something that will play just about any file through your TV. I just received this little item and have not had a chance to try it out yet but it had a lot of "positive" reviews at Amazon. You don't have to convert any files, just put your files on a USB Hard Drive, Memory Card or a USB Flash Drive. I'm not endorsing this product but converting files can be time consuming, I was actually looking for a DVD player that played all or at least most files that could be watched on a television. I found this item and most people seemed to like it. I just put info about it here in case someone might be interested in checking it out. Seems like it would be easier to put various files on a USB Flash Drive instead of converting files to play on a TV ... of course if you only play files on a computer then this item is not necessary at all.

http://www.amazon.com/IncrediSonic-Ultra-Play-IMP150-Flashdrives/dp/B006FNCWSY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1343004041&sr=1-1&keywords=IncrediSonic+Ultra+Play+IMP150

IncrediSonic Ultra Play IMP150 - HD TV Digital Mini Media Player HDMI - 1080p - Play any file from USB HDDs/Flashdrives/Memory Cards ...

RM/RMVB/AVI/DIVX/MKV/MOV/HDMOV/MP4/PMP/AVC/FLV/ VOB/MPG/DAT/MPEG/H.264/MPEG1/2/4, WMV Player

* Download media (videos, music, etc) from the internet, save it to USB drive/memory card/HDD then play it through your TV!
* Turn your USB drive into an HD media player - Play content from USB drives/USB HDD devices and SD/MMC/MS Memory Cards
* Full-HD 1080p video playback (Not just upscaling like other brands) - Experience spectacular Full-HD video picture quality and crystal-clear digital audio.
* Features include: USB host port, LED light (BLue = running, Red = standby), IR Receiver, SD/MMC/MS card slot, Composite AV port, HDMI port, Power supply jack & Power supply
* A great product for ultimate in-house entertainment - Remote control included!

A great device for turning your HD TV into a Home Cinema, allowing you to play virtually any downloaded content on your hard drive/memory card in HD on your TV!

3 in 1 Card Reader - Supports SD, MMC and MS cards.

Supported codec:
RM/RMVB/AVI/DIVX/MKV/MOV/HDMOV/MP4/PMP/AVC/FLV/ VOB/MPG/DAT/MPEG/H.264/MPEG1/2/4, WMV

Video Output: HDMI output to 1080P, Composite (AV)

... I didn't know there was such a device ... there were some cheaper models but this one played more different files. If anyone knows of a better type product, tell me about it.

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 12:44AM by duffy98.

Flash Player 11.3.300.268 recently available
Posted by: 4td8s
Date: July 28, 2012 01:32AM
Re: Flash Player 11.3.300.268 recently available
Date: July 29, 2012 08:10PM

4td8s,

Sorry, my computer died. Hope to be back up soon.

N

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 29, 2012 09:36PM

Guys:

- downloads with youtubedownloaderhd (without adawares and portable with its .ini file)

- to play flvs in any kind of player, an flv splitter that is part of the Directshow Filter Pack. Download this file at hotfile (it will expire) if you don't want to install the above. If you already have an AVC and AAC codec, you don't need anything else to play flv files.

Flash Player 11.3.300.270 available
Date: August 03, 2012 10:16PM

ndebord
4td8s,

no worries, N.

Adobe has just released Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.270 in this Adobe forum thread.

For those users who are still having crashes with Flash 11.3 on their Vista/Win7 machines, try this new build. Otherwise, stick with either Flash 11.3.300.268 or the latest builds of Flash 11.2 or Flash 10.3.

Re: Flash Player 11.3.300.270 available
Date: August 04, 2012 01:10AM

4td8s,

Am using somebody else's computer here. <sigh>

It seems to me that Adobe has screwed the pooch with release 11 (in general). I have been sticking to the 10.xxx
version and think I'll stay there until the dust settles. Next week I can get to this version for hexing, unless, of course, you find a newer bugfix version from our favorite flash provider! <g>

N

Re: Flash Player 11.3.300.270 available
Date: August 07, 2012 01:20AM

4td8s
ndebord
4td8s,

no worries, N.

Adobe has just released Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.270 in this Adobe forum thread.

For those users who are still having crashes with Flash 11.3 on their Vista/Win7 machines, try this new build. Otherwise, stick with either Flash 11.3.300.268 or the latest builds of Flash 11.2 or Flash 10.3.

4td8s,

I live off the kindness of friends. <paraphrase> ;-)

Flash Player 11.3.300.270

Download NPSWF32_11_3_300_270_hex.7z

hhttp://www.datafilehost.com/download-78d9e465.htmlttp://www.datafilehost.com/

Extract NPSWF32_11_3_300_270_hex.dll

Rename it to

NPSWF32.DLL

and copy it into K-Meleon's plugin folder

N

Date: August 10, 2012 09:52AM

JohnHell ... thanks for posting about the Youtube Downloader HD ... I like that program. I also am not interested in fooling around with toolbars and all the other "junk" that some programs have added. You rock !!!

Flash Player 11.3.300.271 & 11.4.400.252 available
Date: August 16, 2012 03:04PM

Versions 11.3.300.271 and 11.4.400.252 of Flash Player available. build 271 is a security update to flash 11.3 mentioned in Adobe security bulletin APSB12-18. no new security update for flash 10.x is available at this time.

Re: Flash Player 11.3.300.271 & 11.4.400.252 available
Date: August 19, 2012 01:38PM

4td8s,

Thanks for the info!

I don't see any mention of 10.xxx flash having any security issues. Adobe seems to be talking only about 11.xxx versions. I have seen no reason to move from 10.xx for now. Will get to the 11.4xxx version next week and upload it then.

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 01:39PM by ndebord.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 21, 2012 01:39PM

FlashPlayer update
from 11.3.300.271 to 11.4.402.265
and from 10.3.183.20 to 10.3.183.23
The documents will be updated in a couple of hours.

source

Date: August 22, 2012 08:18PM

Yogi
FlashPlayer update

source

thanks Yogi. flash 11.4.402.265 and 10.3.183.23 recently mentioned here on the Archived Adobe Flash Player versions page.

Date: August 26, 2012 03:02PM

4td8s

thanks Yogi. flash 11.4.402.265 and 10.3.183.23 recently mentioned here on the Archived Adobe Flash Player versions page.

4td8s and Yogi,

------------------

Download the hexed flash dll in 7zip format from here:

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-d122137b.html

NPSWF32_10_3_183_23_hex.7z

Extract the file from the 7zip archive, then rename it from

NPSWF32_10_3_183_23_hex.dll

to

NPSWF32.DLL

and copy it into K-Meleon's plugin folder.

N

Date: August 27, 2012 02:49PM

4td8s
Yogi
FlashPlayer update

source

Yogi, 4td8s,

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-360e19ca.html

NPSWF32_11_4_402_265_hex.7z

NPSWF32_11_4_402_265_hex.dll

to

NPSWF32.DLL

N

Flash Player 11.4.402.278 & 10.3.183.25 available
Date: September 19, 2012 07:17AM

FP v11.4.402.278 and v10.3.183.25.

get these new versions here.

Re: Flash Player 11.4.402.278 & 10.3.183.25 available
Date: October 04, 2012 03:15AM

4td8s
FP v11.4.402.278 and v10.3.183.25.

get these new versions here.

4td8s,

Got a new/old dell latitude D420 laptop which is working well... took awhile to get it set up. So thanks for the links.

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-406a71a5.html

NPSWF32_11_4_402_278_hex.7z

NPSWF32_11_4_402_278_hex.dll

to

NPSWF32.DLL

N

Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 20

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.