General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Shockwave plugin
Posted by: Mark Uhteg
Date: October 24, 2001 02:27PM

Trying to load a web page that has a shockwave on its page. I go to the Netscape plugin page (as per the documentation) and download the shockwave installer. It prompts for the plugin directory, I give /program files/Kmeleon/plugins and it says that is not a proper plugin directory for Netscape. What do I give for kmeleon ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shockwave plugin
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 24, 2001 03:31PM

Mark,

You have to make a copy of k-meleon.exe and rename it netscape.exe to trick Shockwave into installing into the kmeleon\plugins directory.

Andrew

Posted by: Mark Uhteg
Date: October 25, 2001 12:05AM

Thanks for the reply

Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: October 26, 2001 04:51PM

Did it work?I found out that plugins from one Netscape could be copied from one version and pasted to another,and everything was cool.I am not so sure about K-meleon.If you had recent download,the file name is npswf32.dll.

Posted by: Karl Zimmerman
Date: October 31, 2001 01:36AM

I made a copy of the K-Meleon directory and renamed both the directory and the executable for their netscape counterparts, afterwhich the shockwave install went off without a hitch. I then copied the plugins into the K-Meleon directory and deleted the Netscape clone...just good 'housekeeping' ;-).

Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 31, 2001 04:04AM

Both methods will work - if you have the plugin in Netscape, you can just copy it over as Fulvio did or make a pseduo-Netscape directory like Karl did.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.