General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Netflix log in problem
Posted by: berban
Date: April 20, 2011 04:41AM

Hey! New here, just started using k-meleon. So pardon my newbishness.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had problems with netflix? I can't seem to get it to log in. It just freezes up.

Here's a before shot of the login screen:

And here's an after shot. Not much suspense: nothing happens except for the text of the submit button changes and it deactivates itself.

Nothing happens, the page just sits here. I've tried unchecking the "remember me" box to no avail. Also I've tried entering an incorrect username/password, with the same result, i.e. it doesn't even get far enough to tell me I have the wrong password.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2011 04:47AM by berban.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Netflix log in problem
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: April 20, 2011 07:15AM

What is the version you use ? 1.5.4 ? 1.6.0b2 ? 1.7.0a2 ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 20, 2011 07:49AM

I tried with incorrect user data and K-Meleon 1.6.beta2 which we are testing now.

I set the UserAgentString to Firefox (that is the usual procedure when we suspect to find a faulty UserAgentSwich on a page) via Tools -> UserAgent -> Firefox.

The page told me that my user data are wrong. So I guess another buggy page.

So what You do if You encounter such things. Set the UserAgentString to Firefox.

greetings from Germany

p.s. Such pages will mostly work for K-Meleon 1.5.4 with the same work around.

In case of netflix the pages uses a faulty JavaScript expression.

Error Console
Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method Location.toString

http://www.google.de/search?num=100&q=Error%3A%20uncaught%20exception%3A%20Permission%20denied%20to%20call%20method%20Location.toString

K-Meleon version 1.6 is more fault-tolerant to this issue it seems.

Please update, proceed as I did and report result. Thx.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2011 08:00AM by guenter.

Posted by: Abad Rizvi
Date: May 14, 2011 05:53PM

Gentlemen,
I have the samr problem. Have NOT changed anything from the last log-in, howver, NOW when I go to Netflix.com, about 100 options pop up. How easy it was to type in netflx.com, and the message in red, as shown above, popped up, with my email already showing, all I had to do was to type in my password, and, I was through. This has been happening forabout 2 weeks, I also do not know the solution.
Any one to advise as to how we can, a member for over 5 years, log-in ????
Best Rgds
Abad

Posted by: siria
Date: May 14, 2011 06:52PM

Have no idea, and cannot test much without an own account. Can only tell that the login looks quite normal and fine to me, it does give me instantly a "wrong login data" message if I type in some fantasy addy and password. And that is even with the default user agent and all my usual shields up (javascript blocked, flash/objects/adblock/DomStore/Referer/Animations blocked, no Java etc.). The only exception, cookies must be allowed of course.
And that's the same in KM154 + KM1.6beta.

Perhaps try again with blocked javascript, if anything changes, and if only the login?
Or create a new profile and try with that one? In KM you can have multiple profiles and freely choose one of them at browser start, so no prob.
Or test with the various settings in KM, e.g. F2>Encryption>Encrypted transmission, or such...

Hmm, and the website tells that only people with an american mailing adress can be members, perhaps that has an influence too? Although I doubt that, sitting here in Germany and having no connections whatsoever across the pond :cool:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2011 06:53PM by siria.

Posted by: Jason Fritz
Date: December 27, 2011 11:18PM

I'm having issues with my Netflix login...anyone have an idea on if there are outages or javascript errors?

Posted by: km2
Date: December 28, 2011 06:51PM

Jason Fritz
I'm having issues with my Netflix login...anyone have an idea on if there are outages or javascript errors?

Site just update engine or something else.. Just try change User-Agent string.

guenter

I set the UserAgentString to Firefox (that is the usual procedure when we suspect to find a faulty UserAgentSwich on a page) via Tools -> UserAgent -> Firefox.

Posted by: Patty
Date: February 18, 2012 04:00PM

Yes for 2 weeks now every time I try to get into Netflix from my iPad it begins to load and then dumps. Called Netflix twice in the last couple of days just continue to blame my hardware. IPad really? Never had a single problem with my iPad or my MacBook, please. Why don't they just FIX the problem. Oh I forgot my Internet speed what the issue according to Netflix again really. T 1 line too slow funny HBO GO works just fine ALL the time

Help!

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 18, 2012 04:36PM

Patty
Yes for 2 weeks now every time I try to get into Netflix from my iPad it begins to load and then dumps. Called Netflix twice in the last couple of days just continue to blame my hardware. IPad really? Never had a single problem with my iPad or my MacBook, please. Why don't they just FIX the problem. Oh I forgot my Internet speed what the issue according to Netflix again really. T 1 line too slow funny HBO GO works just fine ALL the time

Help!

K-Meleon is a Windows application. It is an alternative browser.

The Forum has no counsel for Your Problem.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 19, 2012 01:16AM

Patty

Help!

Patty,

You need to find a forum for the ipad, try keyword search of "ipad netflix" or "ipad forum" and see what comes up. This forum is about K-Meleon, a Windows browser for PC computers.

Perhaps they can help you there.

N

Posted by: Walter
Date: September 23, 2012 01:10PM

For over a week now i can't log into my netflix account on my desktop computer. It says something about an error has caused internet expolere to stop working.

Posted by: Annie Oakley
Date: May 22, 2013 09:20PM

they keep telling me I will have to set up a free email mail account to login in and I have done this and still can not get in. Because my password does not work and they say it is me that I am using the wrong p'word which I have not changed in 6 years. How stupid do they think I am...... Red Box anybody.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.