Beta Version
Posted by: William
Date: April 25, 2011 04:41PM

When will the latest beta version become official and how stable is the beta version and are there any bugs in it? Thank you and have a nice day!

Re: Beta Version
Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 26, 2011 12:55AM

William
When will the latest beta version become official and how stable is the beta version and are there any bugs in it? Thank you and have a nice day!

William,

The developers are pro bono and work on K-meleon in their spare time. As both of the main developers are Europeans right now, that means June for the next official update.

As for current releases. K-meleon 1.6, beta2 is pretty good. I am using it in place of K-Meleon 1.5.4, which was the last official release. I moved to KM 1.6 because it uses the newer Gecko 1.9 engine (KM 1.5.4 uses Gecko 1.8). If you do go for the KM 1.6b2, ask here for help with fixes that have not shown up on the wiki Download.

And yes, there are always bugs, but none to my mind that are critical. Others may jump in here who have beeter technical knowledge than I do.

N

Re: Beta Version
Posted by: guenter
Date: April 26, 2011 01:08PM

William
When will the latest beta version become official

and how stable is the beta version

and are there any bugs in it?

1.) When the devs have time to prepare non en-US versions translation resources and translators are finished.

2.) The beta is stable.

3.) It has bugs. None that have to do with daily surfing IMHO.

Example: when You use ViewSource to trace a bug in a web page and use the mouse to scroll in a certain way You crash the browser or XUL windows not remembering their sizes ...

Look bugtracker 1.6a... till

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/findbug.php?summary=&description=&version%5B%5D=33&creator=&daterange=&moddays=&submit=Search

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2011 06:24PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.