General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-MeleonCCF 0.05.6.5
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: September 28, 2006 02:01AM

[Release Notes]

+ Adblock plus for K-Meleon plugin added. Many thanks to Wladimir Palant and Dorian. (Still in beta test phase, may cause error message when closing K-Meleon).
+ Full undo function implemented. Add "undo last closed tab" toolbar item.
+ New Property Page style advanced preference panel. Many thanks to Mark307.
+ K-Meleon 1.02 core
+ More full list for gestures
+ much better drag and drop support

[Download]

http://kmeleon.et8.net/K-MeleonCCF0.05.6.5.exe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-MeleonCCF 0.05.6.5
Posted by: b
Date: September 28, 2006 06:08PM

It's impossible to disable Flashblock by using the Options menu. The problem is in the ccf.lua file.

Besides that, great thing. Thanks.

Posted by: rstlne
Date: September 30, 2006 01:15AM

Apart from the Flashblock toggle not working, this is a pretty nice build. It works well with all the websites and online tools that I use. One thing that I noticed is typeahead find doesn't seem to work. However, that's not a very important feature to me.

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: September 30, 2006 03:13AM

@rstlne,

Flashblock toggle could be easily fixed. In CCF.lua, need to change the path from:

local path = getpref(TYPE_STRING, "kmeleon.general.settingsDir")

to

local path = getpref(TYPE_STRING, "kmeleon.general.profileDir")

then it should work. It's because of the new tab exe can change the settingDir.

And the typeahead.dll is removed because it's conflict with some site, and you can add it in manually.

Hao

Posted by: baby
Date: September 30, 2006 01:23PM
Posted by: ukumo
Date: October 06, 2006 07:03AM

Good build. I like the reorganization of the pref files. Good Job smiling smiley)

This is my every day browser. Thanks!!!

Posted by: Arrow
Date: October 15, 2006 03:43AM

Thanks again Hao

Can't get favs or links to open in new tabs tho'
I've modified the line it in about:config and still no luck ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_TAB

your new layout presents a new challenge on how to add more hotkeys
despite my success with older versions I've not got it working yet.
guidance welcome smiling smiley

Posted by: Grendel
Date: October 27, 2006 09:12AM

Hao, I love this browser, but I'm having quite a few problems that need to be addressed. Some of these have persisted throughout every release I've tried.

1.) With this version, K-Meleon is being very weird about profile directories. Basically, I downloaded it and extracted it to my desktop, then I went in and configured it to my liking. When I moved the entire folder to my Program Files directory, K-Meleon refused to let me load my default profile, stating that it was already in use. I checked to see if any instances of K-Meleon were hanging in memory, but they weren't. I also restarted my computer -- no help. I had to move the entire folder back to my desktop in order to access my profile.

2.) Certain buttons and functions crash the browser. For example, clicking the "New Tab" button. (I actually crashed while typing this, and had to start over because I clicked "New Tab!")

3.) Certain features give me script / Lua errors about nil values. I have no idea what this is about. Some also give me errors about missing / wrong directories.

4.) As stated before, the bookmark sidebar stops functioning after extended browser uptime. Sometimes, the sidebar will act up even when I first load. Basically, it won't allow me to open my bookmarks. I have to manually open them through the file menu. Restarting the browser fixes this, but this is happening on a daily basis and it's a major inconvenience.

5.) Trying to restore my old configuration with new versions is a major pain. I have to adapt any skins I use to work with CCF, (the browser crashes SEVERAL times during this process, by the way, often forgetting half of my configuration) I have to import all of my old bookmarks, (not really that much of a hassle) I have to redo the settings to match the old ones, I have to import my old filters, etc. While I generally get everything together, I unintentionally cause problems in the process, as certain functions will either stop working altogether, or cause the browser to crash. (could this be skin incompatibilities? the browser itself? I'm not sure)

If you can help me get everything together, then I would definitely appreciate it. I'm not very script-savvy myself, so trying to reorganize the scripts is something I can't do manually. And there always seems to be problems there with each new release.

Date: October 27, 2006 09:14AM

Sorry for the double-post, but I also want to mention problems with how you've arranged the right-click context menu for links. If you could put "Open Link in New Tab" at the top of this context, then I would very much appreciate it. I find myself accidently clicking "Add to Bookmarks" too often, as it is at the top of the list for some reason.

Date: October 27, 2006 09:18AM

Sorry, scratch that -- I meant to say, you've placed "Go to URL," "Open Link Using IE Engine" and "Send this link to hotkey" above "Open Link in New Tab." I accidently click the former options too often, when I'm trying to simply open links in new tabs. It would be easier if this was promoted to the top of the context menu.

Pardon my posting... I haven't slept much lately, so my head isn't as organized as I would like for it to be. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: jmillar
Date: November 06, 2006 11:11AM

Hao, thank you very much for your innovative builds and your continued efforts to improve and develop further your excellent branch of KMeleon.

I realize this is work in progress, a roadmap is being followed, and some things have priority. But just in case it helps here is my most recent experience:

In your latest 05.6.5 I have found I cannot enable the "privacy" layer. This layer is useful as it takes away very little viewing area and it gives you the ability to see current status in an eyblink, and change it if you so wish. It DOES appear in 05.6.4.

I have also tried -and also in the 05.6.4- to activate opera hotmarks without success. If you enable the kplugin.dll, the file "opera.adr" gets created and the option to "hotmark" in Opera format appears in context menues. BUT nothing gets written to it if you attempt to do it. And it DOES NOT appear in the main menu (or main icons). Is it waiting for more urgent work to get done?

Your new directory structure is interesting. But adding new search engine macros, for instance, is a whole new story! I enjoy a challenge as much as anyone, but a friendly way to add new engines by filling in the appropriate data in its designated places would be very welcome indeed.

Just curious: Why the tag "silverbird" for your current skin, since it is no longer the silvery blue "silverbird" that we have known from your builds from long ago?

I guess all of this is part of being in the middle of a "paradigm shift". Thanks for your great work. I really do wish I could contribute more!

jmillar

Date: November 06, 2006 12:59PM

Just a brief follow-up:

I got my Opera hotlist to work with some judicious fettling of the config files. The syntax in 05.6.5 is new, but follows a consistent pattern. It DOES work. I suggest that it be included, albeit "commented-out", if you don't want it to show up for some particular reason. It's obviously easier to "uncomment" a part of the config than to work out the new logic.

The privacy toolbar is up as well, after fettling the "skin", but it does not work properly. It seems to have issues with LUA.

BTW: the excellent and complete Options>Privacy sub-sub menu seems to have the same problem.

No luck with the addition of new search engines, but I cannot get busy on this now. It looks as though provision has been made so you could still use the old macros, though I would rather follow the new logic.

But now I really DO have to stop and get some work done! :-)

Thanks!
jmillar

Date: November 06, 2006 01:21PM

Ok. I was too hasty!

The hotlist allows you to use already stored links, but it does not let you add any, create folders nor edit the file.
I don't know if it's part of the 'work in progress' or my guess of the correct syntax was wrong. I copied that of Bookmarks and Favorites. Hao?

As for the Privacy menu, it seems to work once the Privacy toolbar is out of the way.

Solid reasons to hide both the Hotlist and the Privacy toolbar, Hao!

jmillar

jmillar

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.