General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Yahoomail Beta not opening
Posted by: olurhino
Date: May 05, 2011 03:04PM

i am new here on this forum, i discovered that i cant open yahoo beta 10 inbox on K-meleon, though i have tried the normal yahoo mail which works fine. what can you to improve the web browser.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yahoomail Beta not opening
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 05, 2011 07:01PM

Yahoo mail coders do not know that K-Meleon works the same way as Firefox.
They have a browser switch that sends K-Meleon to their IE code page. sad smiley

You have to fix this Yahoo bug from the browser side.

On K-Meleon 1.5.4 You set menu: Tools -> UserAgent to Firefox 2.

On K-Meleon 1.6.beta2 (stable beta!) You set: Tools -> UserAgent to Firefox 3.5.

For their brand new Newest Mail You probably need 1.6.beta2.

There is an extensions, autoswitcher (or so), on the K-Meleon extension site
that automatically does that user agent switch for stupid sites. You put a page on the switch list and it automatically camouflages as Firefox next time You go there.

You can also create a custom UserAgent String that contains the string Firefox, like:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.18) Gecko K-Meleon/1.6.0 not Firefox/2.0.0.25pre grinning smiley I use this to generally evade stupid user agent detection Scripts/switches. A Script that looks for Firefox instead of the Gecko engine version is usually doing stupid things like the one used by Yahoo.

Else with Beta2 I use the 1.6 string with added Firefox 3.5.

BTW. This thread will be moved to General tomorrow/soon since this section is for K-Meleon not Yahoo bugs. smiling smiley

Greetings from Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 07:12PM by guenter.

Posted by: olurhino
Date: May 17, 2011 01:37AM

Thanks for the response,
from what you posted, i was able to understand that it is not a K-meleon bug. i will report this to yahoo ASAP... thanks.

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 17, 2011 04:16AM

I tried to notify them several times. A waste of time.

Date: May 17, 2011 06:11PM

Of course it's a waste of time. It's not about giving the user a break, it's about using us.

I'm getting a load of shight from Google whenever I get deep enough into my settings. There is nothing there that K-M can't handle, but if I want to get anywhere I have to switch to Fire-ox -- just to find out that there is nothing there anyway. I'm sick of it, but beyotching at them does no good at all. The stupid arfholes just want me to switch to Chrome. Over my dead computer!

A.K.A. Arual the Wyrd

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.