General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
can't find previous
Posted by: olurhino
Date: May 05, 2011 03:25PM

i discovered i cant find previous tab if i open a new tab.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can't find previous
Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 05, 2011 04:03PM

Not a lot of information given, but let's try some things to see what is going on.

1. What method are you using to open the new tab? Are you right-clicking on a link and choosing 'open in a new tab'? Are you clicking on the 'new tab' button to open the new tab?

2. Where are you displaying your tab bar? This is dependent on the KM version that you are using. What is your KM version?

3. After opening a new tab, if you click on menu VIEW - TABS, do you see all your tabs in the popup list?

Date: May 05, 2011 05:27PM

Thank you for you reply, i really appreciate it.
starting from the first question u asked,
1. i used CTRL+T to open a new tab and i and typed the link manually but i couldnt find the previous TAB.
2.The K-meleon version i'm using is Version 1.5
3. i clicked on view - tab and i saw the other tabs but why do i have to go that far before i could get the other tabs? why cant they be displayed on the tool bar just like yahoo and firefox.

thanks alot.

Posted by: siria
Date: May 05, 2011 06:32PM

olurhino
why do i have to go that far before i could get the other tabs? why cant they be displayed on the tool bar just like yahoo and firefox.

But they are displayed that way, so are you really sure that you're not simply overlooking it?? :cool: Just a guess, you wouldn't be the first ;-) Depending from your settings the tab bar can appear either on top or at the bottom of your window.
There's also a custom setting possible, if you have only a single page open then the tab bar can be hidden, so open a bunch of pages in tabs and try to find the bar...
Not sure about this, but perhaps it's also possible that your tab bar is partly covered by another, if it's on top. Look if perhaps you find those little slider arrows to the side.

The options for the tab bar can be found here:
Click F2 > Tabbed Browsing
click "Tab Bar"

If you really can't find it, please post a screenshot of your browser window, and one of that options sheet mentioned above?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 06:35PM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 05, 2011 06:34PM

In EDIT - PREFERENCES - BROWSING - TABBED BROWSING - TAB BAR, there is an item to select where to display the tab bar. What value do you have there?

edit: Siria types faster than I type.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 06:36PM by JamesD.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 05, 2011 08:33PM

JamesD
In EDIT - PREFERENCES - BROWSING - TABBED BROWSING - TAB BAR, there is an item to select where to display the tab bar. What value do you have there?

JamesD,

Siria types faster than anybody!

N

Posted by: siria
Date: May 05, 2011 08:45PM

LOL! Nonsense, especially guenter beats me most often, you just can't notice that because then I don't reply at all, if everything is said already grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 08:46PM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 05, 2011 09:32PM

ndebord
JamesD

JamesD,

Siria types faster than anybody!

I can confirm that!

I can only beat her when she is in another part of the Forum for a few minutes or away from Keyborad like in the kitchen to brew something. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 09:32PM by guenter.

Date: May 06, 2011 08:01AM

Thank you very much guyz, After several test and tries, i was able to display the tab bars below the windows. here is how i did it.

i clicked on VIEW - TABS - OPTIONS, then a dialogue box appeared, then i clicked on TAB BAR then it brought out some optios for me to select, i selected "Display tab bar at the bottom" then i also selected "Attach tab/Windows button to the bar" then i selected "Show closing button on the bar".

After doing all that, i closed the wizard then i restarted the browser then i found the tabs below the browsergrinning smiley

thanks a lot for sharing ideas with me.

Posted by: desga2
Date: May 07, 2011 10:49PM

Was possible that you had the tab bar hide by some other toolbar?

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.