General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Using ShareAza as a download manager
Posted by: Grendel
Date: November 14, 2006 10:35PM

ShareAza - http://www.shareaza.com/

I use this to handle all of my torrent files, but would like to use it as a my download manager with K-Meleon. ShareAza has a feature which allows this, but I'm not sure how to configure it to work with K-Meleon, or vice versa. Let me try to give a run down of the settings menu associated with using it as a download manager:

Under "Web" in the ShareAza Settings menu, there is a checkbox for "Use ShareAza to manage all my web downloads." From there, there is a list of extensions you can associate ShareAza with. (or manually add your own) I associated it with all of them. This ranges from compression formats to images, video, etc. However, K-Meleon still uses it own built-in manager to handle all types. Do I need to change some of the internal settings in K-Meleon?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Using ShareAza as a download manager
Posted by: bst82551
Date: November 15, 2006 03:35AM

Usually most download managers include a plugin of some sort to use with K-Meleon. The name of this plugin will be something like NPSWF32.dll or NPNUL32.dll. You simply copy this file over to the plugins (not kplugins) folder in your K-Meleon installation directory, then restart K-Meleon.
Usually the plugin can be found somewhere in the Shareaza installation directory... somewhere in one of the folders. You just have to browse around until you find it... or it will probably say something about it in the HELP file included with Shareaza (if there is one).
If there's no plugin, there are other ways to still make it work with K-Meleon.

Brian

Re: Using ShareAza as a download manager
Posted by: Grendel
Date: November 15, 2006 08:00AM

Brian, I didn't notice this file anywhere.

I checked ShareAza's Wiki and it mentions that the download manager feature is only compatible with IE. With configuration, it can be made compatible with Firefox: http://wiki.shareaza.com/static/DownloadManager.Firefox However, this requires the FlashGot extension and manual configuration of it.

Any ideas?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.