General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Mom Likes K-Melon smiling smiley
Posted by: Danlo
Date: November 25, 2006 06:45AM

I Just wanted to say thanks to the KM dev team. I heard about the program while reading Slashdot a few months ago and and gave it a quick spin. It worked as advertised (Firefox rendering engine in a lightweight package) but I never used it more than a few times till I forgot about it. I had grown comfortable with FF and on my home system (Win2K, 3Ghz P4, 1Gb RAM) FF seemed snappy enough...

Anyway so I'm visiting family over the Thanksgiving holiday and Friday night I get around to doing my regular check-up on my 65 year old mother's PC. It's a PII 350 but has plenty of ram and a clean install of Win2k. All the AV, Firewall and security programs were picked with preformance in mind. NO Norton stuff in here. The only thing is I could never get her off of Internet Explorer. Several versions of Firefox and Opera tried and they were all either to sluggish or had issues with Pogo. Working well with Pogo is a MUST for hersmiling smiley

Long story short:
I installed K-Meleon to do some surfing because I can't live without tabs and didn't have "Firefox Portable" with me. After a while of her testing Kay Melon as she calls it, there is now a green lizard icon where the blue e used to be.

Keep up the good work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mom Likes K-Melon smiling smiley
Posted by: creswellnet
Date: November 28, 2006 06:09PM

My Kid likes K-Meleon!

My daughter has been complaining about the speed of the laptop I let them use for web browsing.

K-Meleon starts up and runs before other browsers (Opera 9.1 and FF) can appear!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2006 06:09PM by creswellnet.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: November 29, 2006 03:20AM

grinning smiley

Very enjoying story.

But remember to alert her that if some websites of her usual browsing now don't want to open or do strange things, is not fault of "kay melon" is the people who create them thinking only in IE.

It happened to me and I had to explain it too smiling smiley

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: November 30, 2006 03:06AM

Yay! Long live the Lizard!

And down with those fools who design for only IE >sad smiley=

Speaking of...I like the new forum

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.