General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Modifying the Image Context SubMenu
Posted by: Peabody
Date: December 07, 2006 10:51PM

I am unfamiliar with the menu structuring and nuances, but I know just enough to experiment or stare glassy-eyed at sections of the menu.cfg file.

When I select an image with the context menu, the menu options are limited to the image tasks. So far so good. If I select an image and the image is embedded in a link, the link context menu appears and the image context menu then is available only as a sub menu at the bottom of the link context menu.

When I want to save an image and the image is embedded in a link I then have to perform an additional movement to save the image. Therefore I want to modify menu.cfg such that in the latter case, the image context menu no longer appears as a sub menu but appears in line with the entire link context menu. How do I do this?

I would appreciate if somebody would guide me through the appropriate sections of menu.cfg---what to comment out, what to modify, copy, paste, etc.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Modifying the Image Context SubMenu
Posted by: kko
Date: December 08, 2006 12:30PM

You only have to change two characters in menus.cfg (I assume you're using 1.0x). Scroll down to the # ----- Links section at the bottom of the file:

ImageLinkPopup{
!Link
:I&mage
bmpmenu()
}
FrameImageLinkPopup{
!Link
:I&mage
:&Frame
bmpmenu()
}

Replace the colon before I&mage by an exclamation mark. That's all.

Re: Modifying the Image Context SubMenu
Posted by: Peabody
Date: December 09, 2006 01:13AM

Replace the colon before I&mage by an exclamation mark. That's all.
Thank you!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.